USMC Summer, Winter, White Uniform Groups. Warrant Officer. QM

RobertE

Hello,

I just picked up a set of WWI Marine Corps officer uniforms that were owned by one of the very first Warrant Officers in the Corps. This Marine joined as a Private, and was promoted to Supply Clerk during his two year stint. I got his khakis, white dress, and service greens and various other bits and pieces.

Nice to see the Quartermaster insignia; it's as worn during WWI and I have not removed it.

s/f Robert

post-158761-0-81560200-1477735037.jpg

I have never owned one of these...harder device to find, since this Warrant Officer would have been one of the first 20 WOs in the Marine Corps authorized to wear this rank.

post-158761-0-29320900-1477736203.jpg

Hi Robert, thanks for sharing. Very nice haul. Are the ega's and insignia pin back? Do you have the dates of service for this Marine? Kevin

Hi Robert, thanks for sharing. Very nice haul. Are the ega's and insignia pin back? Do you have the dates of service for this Marine? Kevin

Hi Kevin,

The EGAs are acrewbacks, and the Quartermasters devices are pinback.

s/f Robert

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Wow! Incredible group! I am currently putting together a collection of all the CWO Department Devices! This is a great pick-up! If you ever decide to part with it, please let me know! Can you post some photos of the rears of the QM devices?

Here's the QM insignia. These were the first Warrant Officer issue type, as authorized in 1916 and first worn the next year. Pretty substantial construction.

s/f Robert

post-158761-0-79487600-1478429626_thumb.jpg