• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

CP Company NYC

This is a scarce hallmark that is often confused with GP or General Products which covered in another thread. Charles Polk Company used as a hallmark CP Co NYC that is stamped in as well as the sterling mark. The reverse side is displayed below so you can see the markings.

post-48217-0-28779900-1477673691_thumb.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

WANTED- hallmarked US Army Jump wings:            WANTED -Combat Infantryman Badges:

Bell Trading Post Master (with star in wreath).      F.W. Assmann Germany full size marked 191

12C Coro Senior clutchback (with star).                            CREST CRAFT Sterling EIB & CIB

CrestCraft 14C Master w/bubble canopy CB.                    Denmark’s Sterling 2nd Award D22

Emblem Supply 1E Senior pinback                                      Wilbur Kiff Co Attleboro Ma. Sterling

GP General Products Master CB                                          D&H Manufacturing, provenance RI

Military Post Supply M21/MPS-21 Senior CB                 C.P. Company NYC 1P C. Polk New York

Robbins Senior pinback                                                       Gemsco Sterling 3rd award

Robbins Attleboro Mass. Basic pinback                              Simon Sterling 3rd Award

The reverse side of the above parachute badge shows the hallmark on the right side. It is stamped CP Co NYC. The sterling marked is also stamped. These Charles Polk wings have been especially elusive to find. I don't have much information on this company, so perhaps some of the other collectors can add any details they might have. Seeing this example maybe will help some avoid confusion with the intertwined GP hallmark used by General Products.

post-48217-0-23576400-1477673802_thumb.jpg

spacer.png

WANTED- hallmarked US Army Jump wings:            WANTED -Combat Infantryman Badges:

Bell Trading Post Master (with star in wreath).      F.W. Assmann Germany full size marked 191

12C Coro Senior clutchback (with star).                            CREST CRAFT Sterling EIB & CIB

CrestCraft 14C Master w/bubble canopy CB.                    Denmark’s Sterling 2nd Award D22

Emblem Supply 1E Senior pinback                                      Wilbur Kiff Co Attleboro Ma. Sterling

GP General Products Master CB                                          D&H Manufacturing, provenance RI

Military Post Supply M21/MPS-21 Senior CB                 C.P. Company NYC 1P C. Polk New York

Robbins Senior pinback                                                       Gemsco Sterling 3rd award

Robbins Attleboro Mass. Basic pinback                              Simon Sterling 3rd Award

Here's another variation of the CP Co Hallmark. This from a 1960's era CIB.

"CP CO NYC" in an Oval and "1P" stamped under that.

post-122639-0-63831500-1477675946.jpg

Bob Davis
Secretary, Arizona Chapter, The Orders and Medals Research Society
ASMIC Member #5364, OVMS Member #11939
US Army Infantry 2001-2009, OIF/OEF Veteran

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

• 6 months later...

After Charles Polk used the CP Co NYC Hallmark, the single number-letter hallmark used was 1P. In my experience this has been a rather scarce hallmark to come by. Here are two examples of the Polk 1P Hallmark on basic parachutist wings. I have never seen senior or master parachutist wings with either the CP Co NYC or the 1P Hallmarks. They may be out there, so if anyone has more info, let us know.

post-48217-0-27968600-1495743307_thumb.jpg

spacer.png

• 1 year later...

After I was thinking that NO Master Parachutist Badges were out there with the 1P marking, one suddenly appeared. So I suppose that there just may be some seniors out there as well. I guess I will have to update my want list. Always looking...

post-48217-0-21252300-1540859200_thumb.jpg

spacer.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.