M-38 Tanker Helmet Production timeline

ETN

Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered:

When did production of the M-38 Tanker helmet stop?

​All contracts for the Rawlings Pattern tank helmet were cancelled in 1944. It was anticipated that the T19-E2 helmet and liner would replace the Rawlings Pattern tank helmet but that did not happen.

Larry

​All contracts for the Rawlings Pattern tank helmet were cancelled in 1944. It was anticipated that the T19-E2 helmet and liner would replace the Rawlings Pattern tank helmet but that did not happen.

Larry

Thank you! Just to so that I have it straight, the Rawlings pattern helmet was not just the specific type made by Rawlings, but the type made by Sears and Wislon too, correct?

Thank you! Just to so that I have it straight, the Rawlings pattern helmet was not just the specific type made by Rawlings, but the type made by Sears and Wislon too, correct?

​Correct, the Rawlings Company designed and patented the WWII tanker helmet, due to production constraints they were forced to sub-contract out production between Wilson, Sears Saddlery, and Spalding. Rawlings remained the predominant manufacturer though.

Larry

​Correct, the Rawlings Company designed and patented the WWII tanker helmet, due to production constraints they were forced to sub-contract out production between Wilson, Sears Saddlery, and Spalding. Rawlings remained the predominant manufacturer though.

Larry

Many thank for clearing this up for me Larry.

Many thank for clearing this up for me Larry.

Now that we piqued your interest, here are more 50s-60s Tank Crewman helmets.

A lot of Photobuckets which have been removed, but Non Photobucket images are to be seen near the bottom of Page 1 and on Page 2.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/131491-where-are-they-now/