WWII Survival Equipment Book

dustin

Charlie Flick

This is great news. I have been waiting for these books for a very long time. I have just placed my order for both Volumes.

Congratulations to Dustin for bringing this long-term, enormous project to fruition!

Regards,

Charlie

So I'm slugging away laying out Volume 3 and a thought had occured to me. While reading along, you'll find a lot of foriegn nomenclature or designations that aren't really in any mainstream jargon. Fear not, subsequent chapters will clear all that up. As an example, I refer to first aid kits under multiple nomenclatures, this will be confusing. This next volume has that comprehensive chapter on that particular subject and will clear it all up. You'll also find some antidotes leaving you hanging to where I only make a quick note about something. This was intentional, because you have to read other chapters that have an extended lineage about that item. The way the first four volumes were designed was that you get an initial education, then once you familiarize yourself will all chapters in all volumes, you go back through and that clearer image materializes. A really good example was compasses, it has its dedicated chapter. Overall, it would have way too many tangents if I tried to talk about everything at once.

Just recieved both volumes today. A very high quality product and well presented too. Unlike many military collector books on the market, these are not based soley on one individual's items, collector myths and hearsay. Dustin has spent YEARS gathering original vintage documents and photos that form the basis of his work and provides detailed color photos of surviving examples of the featured items as well. Don't pass these up. Along with the two additional future volumes, these books will be the gold standard on the subject.

Got my two volumes yesterday and like the other Forum members have said, incredibly detailed and well researched work. Tremendous amount of information and I can hardly wait to sit down with some time to read and absorb all that’s in the chapters. It appears both definitive and scholarly on the subject and I eagerly await the next two volumes already! Wonderful reference and addition to my library. Thanks Dustin!

Jim P.

I got my volumes today. Only look into it very fast but what can I say, it will takes a weeks to read it from the beginning to the end. One of the best book about our hobby I have ever seen! Thanks Dustin for your big work, even can't imagine about how many hours you spent into National Archives.

Im only glad that I don't have to buy all of these new stuff seen in a book and my Navy/USMC pilot is almost complete and done :D !

Can't wait for volume 3 and 4!

Cheers,

Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

For those who collect flare guns you will find that The chapter covering those is especially wonderful. There is no written material out there covering the subject as well as Dustin has.

Hi Dustin,

Great books ! Got my two volumes via Amazon.fr this month. Congratulations for the work on the subject.

post-120900-0-95268300-1576956717_thumb.jpg

A+ Mathieu

• 2 months later...

The "Life raft packing" is interesting. Since I opened my PK-1 raft, I still can't closed last three snaps. Maybe now I will do it after correct packing...

post-369-0-16439400-1583051504_thumb.jpg

post-369-0-24158100-1583051610.jpg

Jerry, the number one key is make sure ALL air is extracted fromt the raft. Use a vacumm cleaner and massge any air towards the inlfation valve while its running. the suction creates pockets of air, so you reall have to work it out. However, and often is the case, some areas on rafts are crusty. This stiff area will not allow a tight fold. It is really a giant pain in the rump.

• 3 weeks later...