Found some wings this weekend WASP with attached large Diamond

SA1794

Patchcollector

Well that WASP Wing is pretty interesting.Never saw one like that.I'll let the more knowledgeable Wing peeps sort this one out :lol:

Is the Diamond attached to the Observer wing?

I took a closer look at the wings and it appears the diamond is a separate piece that was attached to the wings.

I'm not a 100% sure, but best I can recall, when Russ Huff's first book came out he had a WASP wing like this one. Basically it was a converted GEMSCO with an extra-large WASP lozenge. Sadly, it is probably not a vintage WASP wing.

The consensus is that there were only Josten-made WASP wings during WWII*. Although I have heard (but never seen) that AMICO made a WASP wing as well. The GEMSCO wing is usually considered a fantasy piece, especially without any provenance.

Sorry

Patrick

*not including the various class wings of course.

I'm not a 100% sure, but best I can recall, when Russ Huff's first book came out he had a WASP wing like this one. Basically it was a converted GEMSCO with an extra-large WASP lozenge. Sadly, it is probably not a vintage WASP wing.

The consensus is that there were only Josten-made WASP wings during WWII*. Although I have heard (but never seen) that AMICO made a WASP wing as well. The GEMSCO wing is usually considered a fantasy piece, especially without any provenance.

Sorry

Patrick

*not including the various class wings of course.

Hey Patrick: Thanks for the info. No worries, I pretty much figured it was a later issue and not WWII vintage, but was looking for confirmation. The wing was part of a large lot I purchased that contained wings, DUI, medals, ect. And not for a huge sum of $$$.