Aluminum Bracelet

bryang

Help me with this one.

I picked up this aluminum bracelet, which seems to have been cut out from some component - on the reverse / inner side of the bracelet are some very small "buttons" (the closest think I can think of).

There is an eagle etched into the metal, as well as the name "Lee E." on one side of the bracelet, and "Philippines" on the other.

Is this a Second World War trinket?

Bryan

post-152877-0-05835500-1477349849_thumb.jpg

post-152877-0-23203500-1477349854_thumb.jpg

Yes, it looks like the typical WWII GI handmade bracelets made of salvaged aircraft aluminum.

Thanks.

I just happened to notice in the "Spoils of War" section a 2-piece bracelet very similar to this one, however on the one displayed in that forum the words "Japanese Zero Metal" is etched inside that one.

Bryan

Here are 2 that I have and they are pretty similar in construction to your bracelet. The WWII GIs made a lot of these as souvenirs for themselves their wives, mothers and girlfriends.

post-2843-0-31072200-1477429091.jpg

I think the CB's and aviation units with metal working tools cranked out most of these, often from Japanese aircraft aluminum (and probably no matter what kind of aircraft it was, the bracelet maker called it a "Zero").

• 2 weeks later...

I think the CB's and aviation units with metal working tools cranked out most of these, often from Japanese aircraft aluminum (and probably no matter what kind of aircraft it was, the bracelet maker called it a "Zero").

Did you have to burst our bubble like that? Remember Gruber on McHale's Navy?!

BKW