WW I Wings that were actually in Theater

IMPERIAL QUEST

IMPERIAL QUEST

Here is one that I working on getting presently from Scott's site. No doubt that this one was in theater. ;) Hopefully, I can report that I am the new owner very soon. If this purchase goes through...i will have ventured into uniforms as well...geeeesh, where does it end. :lol:

Say a prayer for me... nerv0003.gif

...i will have ventured into uniforms as well...geeeesh, where does it end. :lol:

Where does it end?... it doesn't. pinch.gif It's a disease, a compulsion, an addiction, a monkey on your back... whatever you call it, you'll never get out from under it. Collecting will always lead you to try new things, trust me. I started out with only one helmet. :huh:

Seeing I am bitten by the same bug and seeing your need to have this hunger fulfilled, I will pray for you. ;)

Here is one that I working on getting presently from Scott's site. No doubt that this one was in theater. ;) Hopefully, I can report that I am the new owner very soon. If this purchase goes through...i will have ventured into uniforms as well...geeeesh, where does it end. :lol:

Where does it end? You know you need the proper flight helmet and goggles to go with that uniform! And boots! Oh yes, gloves and a WWI aviator's jacket. You know what else would look great sticking out the pocket of that WWI aviator's jacket? Period maps! And of course the manuals, don't forget the WWI aviation manuals and a log book! What aviator doesn't need a scarf?!? And all this just because you had to have a set of wings! I have gone through the sickness, it's chronic and incurable. It would just better for you to save yourself and have Scott just send that uniform to me! :rolleyes:

IMPERIAL QUEST
Where does it end? You know you need the proper flight helmet and goggles to go with that uniform! And boots! Oh yes, gloves and a WWI aviator's jacket. You know what else would look great sticking out the pocket of that WWI aviator's jacket? Period maps! And of course the manuals, don't forget the WWI aviation manuals and a log book! What aviator doesn't need a scarf?!? And all this just because you had to have a set of wings! I have gone through the sickness, it's chronic and incurable. It would just better for you to save yourself and have Scott just send that uniform to me! :rolleyes:

Geeeeessssshhh. If this keeps up, I will be divorced shortly. :lol:

Seriously, I hope Scott gets my messages before he sells it to someone else. I have all of the funds available that I need to buy this. My luck has not been so favorable when it comes to WWI wing acquisitions lately thumbdown.gif.

IMPERIAL QUEST

It is with great pleasure that I can announce:

My 20 year wait for an in theater, authentic WWI wing is finally over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w00t.gif ......................... crying.gif feeling a little emotional............................. :love:................................. twothumbup.gif........................... nerv0003.gif Thank you Lord. I have never really cared for uniforms, but for the price, and knowing that this was actually up and over there, well..............what else can I say......

Congratulations Steve! You deserve a nice one like this. However, you might have to do better than a washer and dryer for the wife! :lol:

IMPERIAL QUEST
Congratulations Steve! You deserve a nice one like this. However, you might have to do better than a washer and dryer for the wife! :lol:

:D ..................you are correct, a new toaster and vacuum cleaner is on the way. I am such a romantic... :unsure::lol:

Dude...good for you.

But now someone is going to have to teach you the double secret handshake.

Oh, yes, remember THIS post from back in August....

"I decided to start a thread featuring the wings in my collection. I am starting with two examples, and will post additional future pieces here when a new arrival lands so this thread can serve as a chronological progression. I am not planning to have an "accumulation", instead I only want a few quality pieces."

Congrats!

Patrick

My 20 year wait for an in theater, authentic WWI wing is finally over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I still think you should have gone for this one on Scott's website...........

:lol: Just kidding...nice uniform you just scored! They get addicting...watch out! (Being said by a guy who started out buying "just a few quality pieces" and ended up with over 100...) :blink:

Dave

WW1WING.jpg

IMPERIAL QUEST

Thanks all ;). I have never had any interest in uniforms, but in this case, that very thing partially anchors and solidifies the confirmation that this wing was actually there. This has ALWAYS been paramount to me in my selection. I really wanted a pin on wing, but a sewn example takes away any doubts about a "marriage" of pieces as I have complete confidence in the source based on MANY opinions from people here that I respect immensely for their knowledge. The fact that the wing is French...well, that pretty much says it all.

Patrick- You are a naughty boy ...taunting me like that with my own words.

Beast- This will set me back for a while, so no more items....for now. :)

Dave- Believe me, I was drooling over that one, but this one is far and away better than anything I had hoped for. Funny how I have been collecting for over 20 years and I STILL have not learned that words like "restraint" and "enough" have no place in this hobby. :rolleyes:

Congrats, Steve. Glad you snagged that one. Ought to keep you happy for a while......maybe even a week or two! Lord knows this "collecting thing" is an addiction. Look forward to seeing your nice pics when you "get into" it.

Bobgee

IMPERIAL QUEST
Congrats, Steve. Glad you snagged that one. Ought to keep you happy for a while......maybe even a week or two! Lord knows this "collecting thing" is an addiction. Look forward to seeing your nice pics when you "get into" it.

Bobgee

Thank you Bob, and thanks again for your help and advice on not only this, but other items as well thumbsup.gif . I am looking forward as well to "getting into it" and posting some good shots. :D

IMPERIAL QUEST

From Scott's site (as of today):

Very Rare WWI US Air Service Pilots Tunic with First Army Aviation Shoulder insignia. First Army patch is a seldom seen variation which lacks the blue and white center. Wonderful French made bullion wings. Nice collar insignia.... Wish this one was identified to the pilot! Scarce to find pilots who actually made it to France. "ON HOLD"

First, please forgive me, I know you guys are probably getting sick of this....BUT 20 years is a looooooooong time to wait. Please indulge me a little more "horn-tooting".

See that "ON HOLD".......that is for me... :o......whistling.gif......w00t.gif.....drool2.gif....twothumbup.gif

Payment has been sent in full and the time is nearing when I will need to set up camp at the mailbox.

Here is an overall shot. I will of course post detailed photos in a separate thread when it arrives. :rolleyes: