Getting it Right!

bobgee

We collectors are often critical of errors made in films and tv incorrectly using or mis-placing insignia, uniforms or gear.

So, I have an accolade for "Getting It Right:. I just watched a film titled "Mr' Holmes" on Netflix. It's about an older Sherlock Holmes (played by Ian McKeller) circa 1946/47. In it he takes a trip to post-war Japan. In numerous background scenes, American troops are seen on the streets, under arms, wearing khaki, web gear, helmets and they have insignia on their uniforms, It is correctly, the SSI of the 1st Cavalry Division. KUDOS to the researcher who identified this uniform to the costume department. They Got It Right!

P.S. A good film, especially if you're a Sherlock Holmes fan, as I am. Bobgee

• 2 weeks later...

Not anything to do with the movie, but I was speaking to 1st Cav. Vet several years ago who was a truck driver in Japan post war. He related a story about when he was driving in a convoy and a truck ended up driving off a cliff or at least a very steep embankment that killed everyone on the truck. He said it was the saddest thing he ever saw and it nearly brought him to tears relating the story some 60 years later.

BKW