US WWII M1C Paratrooper Helmet w/Westinghouse Liner

TrenchRaider1918

TrenchRaider1918

I was having a conversation with another member on this forum about it, he mentioned that the chin cup was too nice to be original and that the straps were not khaki, also that the first aid kit looked repro. The seller was asked on the legitimacy of it as well. Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/US-WWII-M1C-Paratroope...id=p3911.c0.m14

I've never seen those flat buckles on any U.S. helmet. Has a "Commando" style net which would also be suspect on a late war airborne helmet. Green web is correct but would expect web chin strap not leather. Looks "too good to be true" indeed. What are the odds of a helmet surviving with all components (net, 1st aid pouch, etc.) in perfect unused mint condition?

The A-frames are from an "M-1958" Airborne Liner.

Chincup is an ex-USAAF one where the fur has been removed.

This guy has either lost the plot completely or doesn't even realise how obviously stupid he looks trying to sell this as "almost impossible to upgrade 100 Percent WWII original"...

Still, someone will buy it at a good price, without a doubt.

Cheers,

Glen.

I have a westinghouse infantry liner with that same P mark on the webbing.

There's nothing wrong with the interior "single HBT" webbing cradle in the liner - that is an original WWII one.

It's just that someone has added post-war A-frames to it, together with female halves of baby-durables, and they've then repainted the outside.

Cheers,

Glen.

There's nothing wrong with the interior "single HBT" webbing cradle in the liner - that is an original WWII one.

It's just that someone has added post-war A-frames to it, together with female halves of baby-durables, and they've then repainted the outside.

Cheers,

Glen.

Indeed... Somebody messed up a perfectly good regular Westinghouse liner...

Hope someone doesn't fall for this one... :rolleyes:

rgds

Bart

100 percent Original attic untouched US WWII M1C Paratrooper Helmet with Westinghouse Liner. Front seam swivel Bail Helmet remains in perfect condition. Original netting fully intact with First Aid pack attached. Westinghouse Liner . Original leather chin cup remains in perfect condition. Original paint to helmet and liner. If not for a small 1" crack to the rear of the liner, this rig would be perfect. If you collect the best.....you will need this one. In my opinion, you will not find a better example of a 1943 ORIGINAL WWII M1C Paratrooper helmet. I repeat, this item is guaranteed 100 percent original. Do Not Miss this one. No Reserve. Good Luck! Please see Pictures. E-mail me with any questions before bidding. Will ship in US ONLY. I accept cashier checks, money orders and PayPal. Thanks for Looking. Payment must be received within 10 days of auction end.

the color of the paint looks incorrect for a M1943 front seam with swivel bales, looks too light

he uses small photos of the shell to hide the details think.gif

Let's see, 1 day left, it's up to only $200.00, the guy doesn't even bother to put a reserve on this "gem", doesn't pay to supersize pictures or to put it up as a featured listing? On top of that he sells militaria so, he's not an ignorant seller who is woefully uninformed of what he has in his procession. think.gif Sure, I believe it. :rolleyes:

I won't even go into that this helmet is an obvious reproduction or that we can now see(simply by the lack of bids) that collectors are educating themselves and are just not being duped like they were in the past.

Look, too, at the pictures of the outside f the liner. The rivets holding the A-yokes in are much smaller than the remaining 5 original liner rivets....a huge red flag! The A-yoke flat buckles are modern Pakistani reproductions....I've used the same ones, after obtaining a butt-load from Nick at TopPots.....they'll pass the 20 foot rule, but for authenticity freaks, theryre a big no-no. The chincup is a repro. The aid pack is a repro...and a terrible one at that!! The best part of that whole rig is the net. Those British Commando nets are not easy to come by.

TrenchRaider1918

What a shame, this seller made some outrageous sales in the past. Remember the $2803 pre-WW1 USMC canteen? That was from him. I bought an early flat-cap canteen from him just three weeks ago. It was real. He had a ton of those, but in each one he'd say "this is the last one I have, do not miss this one" but then there'd be another one up a week later. I watch this guy's auctions and he sells like this all the time.

You're kidding, 1300? I will never get that, what type of people, have that sort of money to throw around, without even doing their research?

Impatient ignoramuses that's who think.gif

I mean buy a few books, and there are a number of good books out there, sit down and do some research.

Half the fun in this hobby is educating yourself.

These people must have the mind set that if I buy it for a s1ht tin of money, it must be ok and ha I didn't have to waste my time doing some research.

The chincup is a repro.

Nope, it's definitely an original 4-hole USAAF one which has had the fur removed from it. Recognize them anywhere.

So maybe only $1250 over the odds.... hahahaha

Cheers,

Glen.

:blink: My god there are some stupid people out there. As Mr X said why dont these people do abit of research. Still if the guy holds onto it long enough it will be worth over $1,300 -like in 20 years time ! pure madness. :lol:

Rich