WWII US Pilot Grouping

kpaintner

Absolutely stunning. Such a wonderfully, complete grouping but better yet is you have a connection to him. What a great tribute to him to carry on his story and keep all the amazing pieces of his history in the military together. Thanks for sharing and congrats on being the caretaker of such a tremendous group!

I was saddened to hear about Dan's passing, i had not talked to him in the last few years. It is nice to see his A2 once again and that it has a caretaker.

Appreciate you posting this fine group,

pat

What a fantastic grouping. It's nice to know that it will be cared for and held in respect of the man that wore them. Great Job!!!!!

If you wouldn't mind. I also collect AAF uniforms and would love to see pic's of the belt/pants and shoes he wore with his Pinks and Greens

Congrats on that pick up.

Semper Fi

Phil

Thanks for all the comments. I have a number of groupings, but this is only one of two that belong to someone I know. My other one is a simple grouping from my uncle (who is the guy I use as my Avatar on this forum) SSgt Harold "Gunner" Tenneson. My uncle "Gunner" was a tail gunner in the 8th AF, 385th BG, 550th squadron. He was another one of my heroes and the reason I became so interested in military history.

I will post more pictures in the coming days.

My uncle is also my interest in the AAF/8th AF. He is front row, second from the right on my avatar. B17 tail gunner, 384th BG 545th BS.

I look forward to more pic's

Semper Fi

Phil

I ordered a small 5'6" mannequin from Yanks Mannequins. I have a couple others of these high quality mannequins, but they are the standard size and they looked a little too big. I wanted to see how the smaller ones looked. Dan was about 5'7". His uniform fits well and I think it looks great!.

post-16522-0-10881900-1477027094_thumb.jpeg

post-16522-0-47526300-1477027109_thumb.jpeg

I almost forgot to post the pictures of the B-10 I picked up a number of years ago. It is in pretty good condition. It took me a while to find a 318th patch. I had the jacket put together and took it over to Dan. He had always talked about how they never wore their A-2s in the cockpit. He always wore a B-10. When he saw the jacket with the patch, he was speechless. Somewhere I have a picture of him wearing it. I am not sure about the patch as to whether or not it is war period. If my memory serves me correct, I picked it up on EBay. It does not glow. So it is something I put together. It would have been great if he would have still had his original.

post-16522-0-19913300-1477365785_thumb.jpeg

I put together another mannequin with a the jacket, pair of A-9 pants, boots and helmet. I know the boots are not probably correct. I need to find a pair like what he would have worn. Anyone have any ideas what they would have been?

post-16522-0-66629200-1477366343_thumb.jpeg

post-16522-0-38796400-1477366355_thumb.jpeg