My hunt for 58th EMS patches outcome

WW2JAKE

As some of you know my father was in the 58th equipment maintenance squadron from 1978 to 1982 at Luke AFB, and because of that have been looking for (mainly full color) 58th EMS patches. And bought every single one I've come across which until this point was 3.

Well I ran across someone on ebay who was selling some and lived a few minutes from me. Well we talked aND they let me know what they had and we made a deal for all of the 58th EMS items they had. Keep in mind I initially thought maybe they had 10 of each...

Well I now have 10 full color patches, 21 metal versions and 140 subdued. Turns out they were what was left at Luke when the squadron left. I like the variations in the subdued, and I've never seen the metal versions before. The full colored versions were sure exciting too!

post-125364-0-83595300-1476502911_thumb.jpegpost-125364-0-87092100-1476502930_thumb.jpeg

Johnny Signor

I guess you know that the metal ones were for plaques, usually for members as awards and or when they would leave the unit etc .....

I guess you know that the metal ones were for plaques, usually for members as awards and or when they would leave the unit etc .....

I would have assumed so but my dad has one such plaque and it's not the same and is plastic I think. But I guess they may have changed them, either way they are pretty cool

I remember the thread about your search. I'm glad you were finally able to get the ones you were looking for, and then some. LoL!!! I always wondered why certain units had, 58 EMS and not 58TH EMS or 3d TFW and not 3RD TFW.

I thought I'd add this picture of one of the metal insignia along with my dad's 58th EMS plaque showing the difference I mentioned earlier.

post-125364-0-74369600-1476566458_thumb.jpeg

• 2 years later...

I was at Luke from Feb 79'-Nov 83' assigned to 58 EMS/ the 405 EMS in the AGE shop. Let me know who your Dad is. Good chance we worked either in same shop or in passing from one of the other shops. Would also be interested in getting either or both patches in non subdued. Not sure we still had non subdued by the the shops split from all 58EMS into two 58EMS and 405EMS.