Randall knife for more 4,000 bucks !

stmerry

Look 170265144023

I edited the title to reflect the selling price. Here's a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170265144023

What is interesting is the messages he posted from people asking him to stop the auction so they could pay him $500 or $600 for this $4,424 item:

kniestop.jpg

kniestopbids.jpg

kniestop2.jpg

All Randall knives are collectable but this is WWII period knife and THEY are very , very collectable.

Gary

name='Bugme' date='Sep 29 2008, 08:31 PM' post='203916']

I'm no expert in edged weapons so, someone help me out here. Why the high value?

Dirt Detective
What is interesting is the messages he posted from people asking him to stop the auction so they could pay him $500 or $600 for this $4,424 item:

Why do guys even ask for a BIN if they are gonna low ball the guy. The last buy it now request I received for my WWI Canadian tunic..the guy offered me $250...It sold for $1245. Funny thing is if he offered $500 I prob would have stopped the auction and sold to him. I have yet to have a BIN request be higher than what the auction closed at. :blink:

Seen two in the last six months.Were both Sprinfield Randalls.WW2 models and they were both around $1250.Another ebay case of more money than sense.

Course there was an early tenite handle Randall from the 1950s on ebay sometime back and it went huge...over 25 grand.

RON

Why do guys even ask for a BIN if they are gonna low ball the guy. The last buy it now request I received for my WWI Canadian tunic..the guy offered me $250...It sold for $1245. Funny thing is if he offered $500 I prob would have stopped the auction and sold to him. I have yet to have a BIN request be higher than what the auction closed at. :blink:

Because there are thieves every where.

I have yet to have a BIN request be higher than what the auction closed at.

I once offered a seller $400 to end an auction and sell the item to me. He declined and I ended up the high bidder at the close of the auction at $331. The seller then wanted to know if I was going to pay him the $400. I told him that if he had ended the auction even 5 seconds early I would have paid him the higher amount, but since he opted to let it run I would only pay him the final auction amount.