WWII France War Aid Patch Help

Flyboy_trav

On 7/14/2022 at 9:58 PM, patches said:

Here's an actual photo of one like in the earlier post with the FRANCE Patch on the shoulder and 7th Army on the cuff, no ID on GI and his parent unit unfortunately, but we do see he is a Dogface by his CIB.

france patch.jpg

Are the patches on the right sleeve authorized to be worn and in those positions?

9 hours ago, dga99 said:

Are the patches on the right sleeve authorized to be worn and in those positions?

No, not authorized.  This is something seen only on coming home soldiers, rare it was, as very few GIs wore it on the cuff, rare too the wear of the FRANCE patch, whether on the right shoulder or the cuff. The example of Pool in the previous page in 1949 on his left cuff  rarer still, probaly the only man in the whole army to be doing this LOL

• 2 months later...
WeeeeeeWooooooo

Class A uniform with 26th ID and France War aid patch, with accompanying transitional Air Force logo on the service cap. Very proud of this piece. 

1E77885B-EB2D-4D04-9365-FEE0F06762A1.jpeg

3BFF584E-84DC-47AD-8E91-49C22F9E2B32.jpeg

What was the "bullseye" patch worn on? It is a little smaller than a quarter. (I have to dig mine out if I can find it)

16 hours ago, Tom Pearcy said:

What was the "bullseye" patch worn on? It is a little smaller than a quarter. (I have to dig mine out if I can find it)

The Roundel right, think it was worn by some French troops on the Garrison Cap.