Bull Ensign

Bearmon

I'll see if I can find a photo of mine. I know I have a photo of me wearing them, but I don't believe you can see the engraving on them (I was bull for all of a month...after spending eight months as the JORG!)

Senior Ensign in the wardroom, The JORG is the junior ensign. Usually resulted when one group made Jg leaving the next class to duke it out.. :D

The JORG (Junior Officer Requiring Guidance) was the newest reporting ensign on the ship. I had that job for eight months, and mostly, it wasn't really too involved...aside from the fact that getting and distributing officer mail as my ship was in Japan and everyone's mail came through the ship. That actually was a big job...and having a department head with delayed mail was not a good thing! I did get "into it" and painted the heels of my boots red and green (for port and starboard) as that's just how I am. :D (The JORG ensign bars had PORT and STBD engraved on them, and were of the small, shirt sized, variation).

As the Bull Ensign, a job I held somewhat briefly, I was responsible for making sure my junior ensigns were behaving themselves, getting their qualifications done, and in general, not being a nuisance.

Dave