Starting Over- My small but growing Special Forces collection

37thguy

Mike Force jungle jacket of Richey,was put on an ebay auction or in other website auction?.Thanks.

Sorry SOG, not sure what you are asking/telling. It did not come from an auction it was just purchased at the SOS.

Or, are you telling me there is a Richey JJ on ebay?

Regards

-Mark

Mark,

I was asking to you,where did you buy,Mike Force Jungle jacket of Rickey.

not there any jj of Rickey in ebay.

Mark,what is it SOS?.Thanks.

Best Regards

Joseba

vintageproductions

Mark,

I was asking to you,where did you buy,Mike Force Jungle jacket of Rickey.

not there any jj of Rickey in ebay.

Mark,what is it SOS?.Thanks.

Best Regards

Joseba

SOS is the Show Of Shows that was just held in Louisville Kentucky

SOG RT Mamba

Mark,

about of MF patch of Richey:

That's my observation,and sent to you a personel message. in the MF patch of Richey,red lines never complete.¡¡Maybe a Fault of machine embroidered?

Joseba

post-140367-0-97526300-1488385759_thumb.jpg

post-140367-0-08177600-1488385777.jpg

SOG RT Mamba

Mark,

what stands out and makes it pretty in the uniform of Richey, is the Mike Force patch,but is a Incomplete patch.¡¡it's a shame!!

Best Regards

Joseba

Mark,

what stands out and makes it pretty in the uniform of Richey, is the Mike Force patch,but is a Incomplete patch.¡¡it's a shame!!

Best Regards

Joseba

That's OK. It isn't very noticeable and the experts tell me it doesn't harm the value overall. Had it just an un-sewn patch, things may be different. As is it's fine.

Finally..... another jungle jacket has arrived. My first exposed button JJ. This one is ID'd to a Major Sudduth. I have ZERO info on him. I cannot find a single mention of him. He may not have ever been in country I suppose. I've yet to research his time in the 187th. Perhaps something will surface from that unit?

The JJ appears to have hardly been worn. Name tape is embroidered and everything looks good to me. Experts?

Thrilled to finally have a 1st pattern. Thanks to TREETOP here on the forum. I ask you keep Steve in your prayers as well!

One question I have is, were the jungle jackets worn exclusively in Vietnam, or were they worn throughout the world?

post-729-0-43671700-1488475908_thumb.jpg

post-729-0-50855300-1488475968_thumb.jpg

Almost appears to be ghosting under the SF patch? Cannot see this with the naked eye. I'm always amazed at what the camera sees that we do not..

post-729-0-37359100-1488476265_thumb.jpg

post-729-0-62261500-1488476290_thumb.jpg

Sadly on the two FB sites I belong to that are for VN SF collectors, they are NOT liking this. One member goes so far as to say its a total build. Another member, a VERY CREDIBLE and knowledgeable collector is suspect as well.

Uh oh! :o

[quote name="37thguy" post="2297844" timestamp="1488476162

One question I have is, were the jungle jackets worn exclusively in Vietnam, or were they worn throughout the world?

They were not exclusive. 7th Group (at Bragg) was issued them in 1963. The same was probably true of the other groups at Bragg (3rd, 5th, and 6th).

Beau-Brummel

Have to say I'm not a huge fan.

Have a look at the inside where the insignia is sewn, how does it look?

Have to say I'm not a huge fan.

Have a look at the inside where the insignia is sewn, how does it look?

Well, not good. Being a newb on the Nam stuff and a trusting soul, I didnt think to ask for shots of the stitching on the inside of the jacket. I know thats a big thing to look for.

Several people think it is a put together and those people are Big Time names and well respected in the Nam collecting community.

Here are some pics:

post-729-0-56727500-1488488715_thumb.jpg

post-729-0-11325500-1488488729_thumb.jpg

I must admit I feel like a big dummy. Had I asked for the above pics, I would have passed. I've contacted the seller and I'm sure there won't be a problem returning it. What a shame. I was really looking forward to getting this and showing it off. Oh well, now I'm better educated (Thanks Bob) and will hopefully know what to look for in the future.

yeah what a bummer,

I saw this shirt and didn't like it either. i should have said something.

Plus i could not find the name anywhere as an officer Not always the deciding factor but something to take on board none the less.