Thai Made? AC-130 Spectre Patches

FT.Monmouth1943

FT.Monmouth1943

Recently picked up these patches that appear to be Thai made and probably came from the same vet. I believe they're for the 16th SOS. They appear to have been taken out of a scrapbook. All comments are welcome.

post-134998-0-42114300-1476311847.jpegpost-134998-0-96627100-1476311857.jpegpost-134998-0-58396400-1476311868.jpeg

FT.Monmouth1943

The reason why I'm leaning towards Thai made is because the seller also had 2 other patches (which I wasn't quick enough to get) that were Thai hand embroidered patches for the 16th SOS. I know Thai and PI patches can be very similar in construction.

Yes, there are many similarities. All Thai embroidery styles have been copied. I have some really scary ones. The lettering on these are what leads me to believe the are PI. Hard to definitively tell without holding them though.

Randy

The one with the owl, SHIP OF FOOLS, was a U.S. made patch produced by one of the companies that built the gunship, I forget which one, there is a thread on it.

The one with the owl, SHIP OF FOOLS, was a U.S. made patch produced by one of the companies that built the gunship, I forget which one, there is a thread on it.

Yes, it was originally. I have seen Thai versions as well.

Randy

nguoi tien su

I agree with Randy, it is PI too to me.

Here is an example of a Thai "Ship of Fools." Not mine, just for reference.

16th_s10.jpg