A-2 Jacket with leather patches

Husker

This is my first A-2 jacket. Looking for any opinions. I suspect the cuffs have been replaced. Also, from my understanding, this was from a late 1941 contract? Jacket is named and comes with some paperwork that reflects services in New Guinea. It was stated that the veteran was also served in Korea and was a POW for a period of time but I haven't been able to verify this get through research.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

post-150818-0-13516000-1476224903_thumb.jpeg

post-150818-0-33612300-1476225404.jpeg

24th_infantry

Impressive. Looks as if he was a lieutenant or possibly a captain based on the stitch marks on the shoulders. Very nice jacket. One piece of advice is don't use any leather oils on it, they will actually do more harm than help (imho). What's the name of the vet?

The vets name is Lt. R E Marks. What about the cuffs? They look old but probable replacements? Would you restore this jacket (with correct cuffs) or leave it as it is?

post-150818-0-09748300-1476228481_thumb.jpeg

post-150818-0-88765200-1476228506_thumb.jpeg

The cuffs do seem like they are the cuffs from USGI wool gloves. Same material and color to several examples I have. The cuffs are definitely old.

Richard E Marks was indeed a POW during the Korean Conflict. He was a Captain at the time of his capture.

Are the patches WWII? I really can't tell if they are period applied. There is the remnants of stiching from a circular squadron or group patch that used to be on the left breast of the jacket. Bummer that its been removed. I would have loved to know the unit. This came with photos from Guadacanal and a letter written on CBI letterhead dated Oct 5, 1944 from India.