Invasion of Panama Display

m1shooter2

This was my first time doing a display for any of my 80s kits. I was doing 504th PIR, 82nd Airborne. There are a few little things out of place but overall the few 80s vets were pleased with the display. If you have any questions about what some of the stuff is just ask!

28944008546_bc739fba94_z.jpg

28690428580_7a724a6874_z.jpg

28976551995_11ee3e4e31_z.jpg

28357392634_f96fdf323f_z.jpg

28976552005_ee30c644a1_z.jpg

28976264955_ac77539b31_z.jpg

Not bad - but would take the first aid pouch off the shoulder & place on front of pistol belt between ammo pouch & belt buckle on non-firing side -

82d didn't have the Colt 3 x 10 scopes on their M16A2s, unless it was private purchase & then it was few & far between

I was in B Co 3-505th PIR 82d ABN DIV during the Panama invasion - we were the DRF-9 that helped "push" the DRF-1 (504th) out from Bragg to Panama

Chris

Hey, that's awesome! I have one photo of a guy in the 82nd (unsure of regiment) with the carry handle scope on during Panama but it's on my computer at home unfortunately. But, I did realize the scope was a little out of place so I took it off later in the day. I keep it on for my 1st ID REFORGER impression because I have bit more documentation for that. As for the bandage pouch, I see it being placed 50/50 between the belt and suspenders. I've done both and I generally prefer to have the bandage pouch on the Y-harness as it's easier to take a bandage out (especially if it's upside-down) and I like having the room on the belt for a flashlight (or my Walkman :P) so I think I'll keep the bandage pouch the way it is. Thanks for the input though.

Hey, that's awesome! I have one photo of a guy in the 82nd (unsure of regiment) with the carry handle scope on during Panama but it's on my computer at home unfortunately. But, I did realize the scope was a little out of place so I took it off later in the day. I keep it on for my 1st ID REFORGER impression because I have bit more documentation for that. As for the bandage pouch, I see it being placed 50/50 between the belt and suspenders. I've done both and I generally prefer to have the bandage pouch on the Y-harness as it's easier to take a bandage out (especially if it's upside-down) and I like having the room on the belt for a flashlight (or my Walkman :P) so I think I'll keep the bandage pouch the way it is. Thanks for the input though.

If your impression is a 504th Paratrooper from Panama, having a first aid pouch on your suspenders is 100% wrong - you wear your web gear with your parachute harness over it - hence why you dont wear the 1st aid pouch on the suspenders with a 68lb T-10 parachute - make sense?

If youre gonna do the impression - do it right......from a veteran who was in the unit you're portraying....cmon man....

<p>Alright, I'll switch it. I didn't realize there was a reason for not having it on the harness. I just saw a few pictures of guys with it on their soldiers and thought that maybe it was a personal preference thing.</p>

• 3 months later...

when wearing the web gear, once the parachute is put on your back, the suspenders to the web gear is pulled down to your arse as you cannot wear the parachute harness without having issues.We always wore our first aid case on the pistol bely next to the connector snal. Or for you civilians, the buckle! HAAHA Looks good though