48 star flag mini flag

cerick1450

Hi all

I recently picked this small 48 star us flag up. It came with a grouping of ww2 items from an estate of a vet that was in ww2. Is this ww2 era? Would this be something a soldier would have carried during the war?

Thanks

post-13198-0-64474400-1475467642.jpgpost-13198-0-42325400-1475467650.jpg

Hi Cherik,

your flag looks like an "Invasion Arm Flag" as issued - in many version - to Airborne troops in ETO. If you google "Invasion Arm Flags - Paratrooper.be" you will find a nice selection of all the models issued to paratroopers, glider troops etc.

Hope this can help...

Fausto

What are the dimensions?

It may be an original mid-war invasion arm flag. the stitching around the edges and the colors look right.

If it is original it would be proper for the 82nd in Normandy, or later use. This type was not used until Normandy, previous was unstitched printed muslin flags.

I was able to talk to the guy I bought it from. He said that it came from an estate sale a while ago from a vets family. It came with WW2 web gear. He did not keep the name of the family or original owner.

This is what this type should look like.

This example came from a Holland 101st vet grouping that was split up in the FS section a few months back.....

post-153625-0-66188100-1475878911.jpg