Help to ID two unknown patches

TMBN

The second patch is the communication section of the 1st Brigade of the 7th Division when they were in Korea in the 1960s and early 1970s. The U-7 in the hourglass was a PR attempt to build pride in the division, it meant "You are the 7th Division- the 7th Division is you.

There is also an Army Aircraft with the U-7 designation.

Hourglass, colors of hourglass, and bayonet are long time symbols of the 7th ID. This is a 7th ID patch, not for some aircraft.

Patchcollector

There was an Aviation asset for the 7th during that time period that flew the types of Aircraft that I suggested.It was the 7TH INFANTRY DIVISION AVIATION CO (P).

No offense to QED but the "U" explanation sounds tenous to me.The slang term "U" ,standing for "you",didn't gain popularity until recently,and even if it was used during that time I doubt it would be used on a patch in that manner.

My first thought when I saw the patch was that it is some type of "Radio Relay" ,or Commo oriented piece that utilized the U-7 Aircraft.

Unless QED has some more info to share I would say that my opinion is at least as plausible as his.

I have two patches with the U 7 on them and when I posed the question asking what it meant I was also told it was about the 7th ID's " U (you) and the 7th" attempt to build esprit de corps initiative. I do not have an ID on the yellow patch.

post-1604-0-00576100-1475456749.jpg

post-1604-0-30224200-1475456762.jpg

Patchcollector

Yes I was just looking at this thread:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/198918-60s70s-korean-theater-made-patches/

Looks like that was the meaning.It just seems odd to me how they abbreviated it like that.U and a 7 does'nt make a real effective morale builder IMO :lol:

I'd like to know more of the story of how that motto came about!

Top one is the 33rd USAF Dispensary. It was part of the 33rd Tactical Group and was an early USAF unit in Vietnam.I have one like yours and a Japanese embroidered one.The insignia in the blue circle is suppose to be the WING part of the 2nd Air Division, which the 33rd TAC GP fell under.

air-division-002.gif