vietnam sf

stephen

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

Who's the jacktard giving the "peace" sign? I've never seen a green beenie giving a peace sign. (not a real one)

Rock

I'll trade you can of peaches if you let me fall on this here concertina wire and send me to the nurse Sarge w00t.gif

Very well done impression. Many of the photographs look great and the impression is a better than some I've seen out there.

All original as far as I know, maybe some were "improved" but no repro there. Since no one wears XXL size, Small or Medium size Vietnam fatigues and gear are still easy to get

Do you try to use all original gear or do you order from Moore Militaria?

If none of you have been to the website with these guys on it, do. They do an absolutely phenomenal impression. It is just spot on one of the best.

http://grunts.free.fr/

Look at the photograph categories. They just need a Huey, a PBR and an M113.

Kudos to your female reenactor for having the correct version of the female fatigue blouse. Too many people see the post war version with the lower pockets and mistake it for Vietnam issue.

I agree with this. :)

I cannot tell 100% from the photos, but is she wearing men's trousers or the women's trousers? There's two types of women's trousers, ones with the pockets on the side (which it looks like she is wearing) and ones with the pockets on the front. For a Vietnam impression, the ones with the pockets on the front would be correct. The ones with the pockets on the sides go with the post-war blouse described by the poster before me.

On a side note, does anyone know with 100% certainty if the EFMB was ever awarded to Army Nurses during the Vietnam War?

NobleLoyalGSD
On a side note, does anyone know with 100% certainty if the EFMB was ever awarded to Army Nurses during the Vietnam War?

Chris,

In 1967 Clara Leach Adams-Ender became the first woman in the U.S. Army to be awarded the Expert-Field Medical Badge. She was an army nurse.

See A History of the US Army Nurse Corps by Mary T. Sarnecky.

Notes: "Expert Field Medical Badge Awarded to Capt. Clara Leach," San Antonio Express (15 June 1967); "Army Nurse is first woman to earn Expert Field Medic Badge," Fort Sam Houston, Texas Talon (15 June 1967)

I'm proud to say I earned mine in 1989.

~Jeff

Jeff,

Great information, thanks! Is there any information on how many Army nurses won the EFMB in the Vietnam time period? I would imagine it's more uncommon than common for a nurse to be awarded the EFMB, or for officers in general. I know the EFMB has something of a 20% pass rate these days (according to recent statistics).

Chris

NobleLoyalGSD
Jeff,

Great information, thanks! Is there any information on how many Army nurses won the EFMB in the Vietnam time period? I would imagine it's more uncommon than common for a nurse to be awarded the EFMB, or for officers in general. I know the EFMB has something of a 20% pass rate these days (according to recent statistics).

Chris

Obviously standards have been loosened some. I believe when I earned it, the army claimed the pass rate was only about 8% - 10% on average. Not sure of the standards during Vietnam but if I'm not mistaken, 1967 was the first year the testing was officially administered.

I don't know how many would have been officers but unfortunately they can earn it too. There was a major, a dentist of all things, who got it when I went through. He was on his way to failing but pi$$ed and moaned about a few things to the board and they relented. Oh, well.

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo
Very good the crossing river photo!!!

Lotsa white skin showing. Camo wears off and needs replenishing on a regular basis. Good job though

ROck

Hi,

After spending too much for the gear and uniform, people can no longer afford UV treatment to get the skin tanned.

Lotsa white skin showing. Camo wears off and needs replenishing on a regular basis. Good job though

ROck

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

You're either joking, yeah that must be it....but just in case.

You can cammo up on a regular basis like all SOG, SF and LRRP/Ranger teams did. Anyone that doesn't know that basic infantry tactic is, well.... not doing their homework, doesn't care, or...insert reason here.

Rock

next

You guys do a nice job! My sugestion is loose the butt pack and ARVN Ruck, not SF items, your not gonna see SF guys with butt packs. as for a Ruck, id get one of those inexpensive US Forset service rucks that look just like the CIDG packs for about 40.00 and will pass the 3 foot test!!

P

ROck

it's just a group photo not action photo

thanks

You guys do a nice job! My sugestion is loose the butt pack and ARVN Ruck, not SF items, your not gonna see SF guys with butt packs. as for a Ruck, id get one of those inexpensive US Forset service rucks that look just like the CIDG packs for about 40.00 and will pass the 3 foot test!!

P

hello paul thanks for comment

the photo with butt pack is for mike force

and the arvn ruck is utilised in sf and sog we have a original cidg pack for next summer photo

regards