PLEASE HELP with EGAs

DKNYC71

Dear Fellow Forum Members,

I just acquired a uniform which had a dress coat dated 1922-23 and a dress cap which is the early 1922 pattern ( I could post image if anyone is interested in seeing it. Can someone please let me know the vintage of the two EGAs: the cap and the collar, are they the early 1922 pattern? Thanks to everyone in advance, much appreciated!

Regards,

Dave.

post-7824-0-72233800-1475078340.jpg

Cover emblem is indeed a P1920

collars are a popular private purchase version worn throughout the 20s and 30s, often marked Meyers Metal

Many Thanks, so the collars can indeed be from the early-mid 20s, yes? One question, the uniform came with a pair of trousers that are blue wool and clearly military and USMC, but the trousers do not have the red stripe down the leg, could that be correct? Maybe for a short period of time? I can post images .

Many Thanks, so the collars can indeed be from the early-mid 20s, yes? One question, the uniform came with a pair of trousers that are blue wool and clearly military and USMC, but the trousers do not have the red stripe down the leg, could that be correct? Maybe for a short period of time? I can post images .

It depends of the rank of the jacket. If it's private or private 1st class (PFC), then the trousers should not have a red stripe. If it's corporal or above, then there should be a red stripe on the trousers.

Steve

Thanks Steve! The jacket I assume is Private since there are no chevrons (stripes) on it, the only insignia on it is a "radioman" insignia on the sleeve (yellow lightning bolts)

Thanks Steve! The jacket I assume is Private since there are no chevrons (stripes) on it, the only insignia on it is a "radioman" insignia on the sleeve (yellow lightning bolts)

From what you say and the limited pictures, sounds like you have a very nice inter-war set. My favorite era!! I always like the early caps with the narrow chinstrap. Very nice emblems, too.

Steve

Is there a name anywhere on the set....on the jacket on the upper inside arm or the lower inside sleeve...the inside waist of the pants or the under sweatband of the cap. Marines only had a few radio sites during those interwar years. Very nice grouping.

Is there a name anywhere on the set....on the jacket on the upper inside arm or the lower inside sleeve...the inside waist of the pants or the under sweatband of the cap. Marines only had a few radio sites during those interwar years. Very nice grouping.

There is indeed a name stamped into both the trousers and the sleeve of the tunic, it is; S. COHEN. The hat has a name written in ink inside the sweatband, but it is not the same as in the trousers and tunic, it is: J.C. Simpson. The set all came together, so could S. Cohen obtained someone's hat or vice verse? Many thanks!

There is indeed a name stamped into both the trousers and the sleeve of the tunic, it is; S. COHEN. The hat has a name written in ink inside the sweatband, but it is not the same as in the trousers and tunic, it is: J.C. Simpson. The set all came together, so could S. Cohen obtained someone's hat or vice verse? Many thanks!

Absolutely...uniforms and even EGAs then were government property and often reissued, not uncommon to see mismatches or multiple names in a uniform