A couple of more bring backs from Nevin Gillmor,

BILL THE PATCH

BILL THE PATCH

My friend Nevin Gillmor is finally leaving for his new home at the end of the week. He found a couple of german items and he called me and told me to come on over and take them. He's moving about 4 hrs away, and he's going to be missed. First up is a K98 Bayonet, with scabbard and frog. Dated 1938,cannot make out makers name. A german ammo pouch mark Paul kurz 1942. Both items picked up in Tunisia. There were two other items in the batch, one is a sheath for a knife that was made for him in Torrington Conn, while stationed there. He told me knife broke when him and his buddies were knife throwing into wooden crates on the beach to past the time. He was throwing the sheath away until I rescued it. He even wrote on the back of it. The last item is a little ditty bag also from Torrington Conn. Stenciled on it is Bundles from America, never heard of that before. bundles from Britain I heard of. Im glad he's going to an assisted living home, his eyesight is failing and it's closer to his daughter. His wife still drives at 92. They are the nicest couple I've ever met. attachicon.gif rps20160927_140918_485.jpg

My friend Nevin Gillmor is finally leaving for his new home at the end of the week. He found a couple of german items and he called me and told me to come on over and take them. He's moving about 4 hrs away, and he's going to be missed. First up is a K98 Bayonet, with scabbard and frog. Dated 1938,cannot make out makers name. A german ammo pouch mark Paul kurz 1942. Both items picked up in Tunisia. There were two other items in the batch, one is a sheath for a knife that was made for him in Torrington Conn, while stationed there. He told me knife broke when him and his buddies were knife throwing into wooden crates on the beach to past the time. He was throwing the sheath away until I rescued it. He even wrote on the back of it. The last item is a little ditty bag also from Toronto Conn. Stenciled on it is Bundles from America, never heard of that before. bundles from Britain I heard of. Im glad he's going to an assisted living home, his eyesight is failing and it's closer to his daughter. His wife still drives at 92. They are the nicest couple I've ever met. post-11207-0-99353500-1474999793_thumb.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

Yes it is, the stories he tells me, a different one every time. I never get tired of listening.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk