36-tex

Minneapolis Military Collectors Show

I'll be there Saturday afternoon. Maybe in the AM depending on when I get home from vacation this week.

"Remember Bataan, Never Forget"

Actively looking for U.S. Army Run/Swim/Walk For Your Life patches.

Treasurer, ASMIC

Area V VP, ASMIC

www.asmic.org

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif
donation2014.gif

I'll be there Saturday morning. I am really looking forward to it.

- Henry

Wanted: Prisoner of War Medals and Groupings

Wanted: Tank Destroyer Forces Medals and Groupings

We'll be there!
Looking forward to it after a 3 year hiatus!

Mr.JERRY
Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons,US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms,Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

I was under the impression that Bob closed the store in Minneapolis and moved to Arizona

Seeking anything attributed to General Clifford Bluemel

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Bob did, but he comes back from AZ to run the show. Thank him for keeping it going!

Mr.JERRY
Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons,US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms,Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

Bob J lives in Henderson Nevada from what I understand.He still runs his ebay business from there.He sold the property his store was located on in Minneapolis.He plans on returning to help with the show.I believe Joe could run it as they are partners in the venture.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

I don't go to that show anymore !!!! due to the fact that Bob puts his good stuff out on ebay and sells his books at the show.

Anything I wanted to buy from him military had to be off of ebay??? and not at the show or shop? Odd?

He depends on you vendors to make his show a success and doesn't even sell any of his own military at the show, this is just odd or greed? I don't know so I stay away.

Thanks Mr Jerry for heads up on the Rockford show I'm definitely going have to go to that.

Craig

So you don't go to a show because the show promoter does not sell anything there?

Sorry to tell you, but that is not odd at all.

I suspect the vendors who buy and sell there are quite happy to have a venue in that part of the country that might other wise not exist.

As far as greed... I have yet to meet a show promoter who has made huge sums of money from such an event.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I don't go to that show anymore either and I haven't for over 15 years, but I do miss going. It was always fun, lots of great vendors and really good people. Always enjoyed perusing Bob's tables of books.

Maybe I will make the 1600 mile drive but not any time soon.

So you don't go to a show because the show promoter does not sell anything there?

I suspect the vendors who buy and sell there are quite happy to have a venue in that part of the country that might other wise not exist.

As far as greed... I have yet to meet a show promoter who has made huge sums of money from such an event.

Ain't that the truth! I'm hard pressed to think of many militaria dealers or promoters for that matter who don't have other sources of income simply because militaria is far from a career choice in which the family gets fed, the mortgage gets paid and a new car is parked in the driveway.

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."

Anyone know the attendance numbers for this show?

Its hit and miss.

With the gunshow, and antique show and sometimes a car swap meet on sunday all in the general area there isnt enough money for people to pay to get into everything.

Last spring or last fall I heard the show was down 28 vendors....added up to roughly 50 tables less.

They always try to schedule the show the same as the gunshow thinking more people will attend.I dont see that having personally been at the show for many years.This year its not the same as the max show dates.other years it has been and you see the results.

In Memoriam:
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

I would like to take this moment to Thank all the Militaria show promoters for putting on a venue such as these, it allows me a place to set up my inventory...to Buy-Sell or Trade. Anytime you start out with a show dedicated to nothing but our area of Commerce, how can you go wrong.It's not like a flea market where you compete against a chest of drawers or a Gun show and trying to gain attention over a Glock. So, by risking all the up-front money...rent on the building, security, insurance, employees, travel, hotels and more...they hopefully can make a profit .If not, No Show...then we all lose.

So...a big Salute to the Promoters.

Always Buying...Medals...Patches...Wings... Singles or Groups...Top Cash Paid!!!

My Website...http://www.purpleheartsnorthcarolina.com/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I'm sorry but the promoter is also a vintage military dealer and doesn't sell any of his vintage military at the show at all except new books there!

Yes his items go up for sale on ebay and doesn't even go to his own show thats odd to me. I know others have a problem with that also not just me.

It's like walking into a antique shop and they ask what do you collect? Vintage military ! Ole we sell that on ebay! We get more money for it on there so my money isn't any good here as I say!

Get my drift.

I'm sorry but the promoter is also a vintage military dealer and doesn't sell any of his vintage military at the show at all except new books there!

Yes his items go up for sale on ebay and doesn't even go to his own show thats odd to me. I know others have a problem with that also not just me.

It's like walking into a antique shop and they ask what do you collect? Vintage military ! Ole we sell that on ebay! We get more money for it on there so my money isn't any good here as I say!

Get my drift.

First, he is the promoter so, he is probably pretty busy and doesn't have time to haggle with people who want him to drop the price on a $2 item down to $1.50.

Second, I go to a lot of shows in which I don't care for the promoter and how he handles his business, so what? I am not there to visit with him and have tea, I'm there to buy militaria from all the other dealers.(*Let me clarify, I do not know Bob personally so I have no opinion of him outside of the fact that he promotes shows which makes him a good guy)

Third, if he sells on eBay, guess what? so do most dealers when they can't move the items at a show because someone wants to low ball them.

Forth, so he sells books at the show, who cares? It's his show!

I am getting real tired of the bashing of dealers and promoters we see here. If it weren't for them, you'd all be collecting Avon decanters.

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."

First, he is the promoter so, he is probably pretty busy and doesn't have time to haggle with people who want him to drop the price on a $2 item down to $1.50.

Second, I go to a lot of shows in which I don't care for the promoter and how he handles his business, so what? I am not there to visit with him and have tea, I'm there to buy militaria from all the other dealers.

Third, if he sells on eBay, guess what? so do most dealers when they can't move the items at a show because someone wants to low ball them.

Forth, so he sells books at the show, who cares? It's his show!

I am getting real tired of the bashing of dealers and promoters we see here. If it weren't for them, you'd all be collecting Avon decanters.

Crossover!

download (1).jpg

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

I'm with you Bugme

This promoter shows is his only full time job in dealing with vintage military.

My point is that his own sellable vintage military is too good for his own show but your is not? I don't buy the excuses.

If ever dealer set up at this show was in the thinking as the promoter thinking to leave my military home and sell books, bumper stickers, beef jerky, coins there would be no military show.

I guess you will get some buys because I won't be there I'll go to any other show but this one.

This promoter shows is his only full time job in dealing with vintage military.

My point is that his own sellable vintage military is too good for his own show but your is not? I don't buy the excuses.

If ever dealer set up at this show was in the thinking as the promoter thinking to leave my military home and sell books, bumper stickers, beef jerky, coins there would be no military show.

I guess you will get some buys because I won't be there I'll go to any other show but this one.

Have you or do you have any experience in running militaria shows?

I have been promoting militaria shows for over 20 years and before that I worked for my family in the antique show promoting business.

I wish I didn't have to set up at the shows I promote so that I could actually focus on promoting the show only, and not worrying about everything else in my own booths. I totally get how Bob does it with bringing books. You put them out, the price is marked, and he doesn't have to worry about them. He can then focus on what is important, like making sure the tables are sold, making sure enough advertising is done, making sure the snack bar / food person is going to be there and open, making sure the security is in place, making sure there are signs pointing from parking lot to building, making sure the staff at the location has everything in place before dealers come in, making sure all the tables and chairs are in place, making sure someone is there to sell tickets and let people in, making sure the staff keeps the restrooms clean, making sure someone is available to listen to every expert tell them how to do things better, too make sure everything is in place so you can do the show again in a few months.

But then again, like has been said earlier, most are convinced show promoters just sit back and count their money and do nothing. I wish it was that easy, as I would sure not like to have worry about every little thing and have sleepless / stressful days and nights leading up to any of my shows. It's posts like the above that really makes promoters sit back and think, why the hell should we even do shows, no one appreciates them, all they want to do is complain. But there are a few dealers who take a moment at the end of the show and thank the promoter and their staff for all the hard work that goes into it. Those few make the shows worth doing. So instead of complaining take a moment and thank the promoters for doing the show, because if it wasn't for them, there would be no shows.

www.vintageproductions.com

"A militaria show is a social event for anti-socials" - A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

I am glad some of you won't be there. Less competition for me! :)

Better be there friday then ;):lol:

In Memoriam:

What's the differents if he is selling books or military at his show its all the same!

I do set up at military shows and also do antique flea market shows with the wife and her stuff. The promoters shows I deal with are dealers also and yes they do the shows and promote at the same time.

I also have a full time job and this selling is part time job and yes been there and done that with help doing shows.

To me shows are all about the collecting and helping collectors build or complete their collections or finding a item they need and its not all about the money most cases.

I've treated people right by adding something to their collections and have been reward with great finds and making life time friends.

That's the way I operate.