trenchfoot

Real ranger helmet?

Ewwwww, yeah avoid this one like a bad rash.

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Pictures were unnecessary, it's not going to be real, even most museums have fakes.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a thousand pictures!

"I read that in war bad things happen, Ain't that the ************* truth" -1st Lt Mike Scotti

Pictures were unnecessary, it's not going to be real, even most museums have fakes.

Though highly unlikely to be real, the original poster felt it necessary to ask for expert opinions, One way to ascertain whether an item is real or fake is for members to post pictures of the item in question. Posting pictures is encouraged so members can start an educational discussion for others to use as a reference.

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I'm sorry, I should have phrased that better, my tone of voice doesn't carry over the internet. My point was that a real WWII ranger helmet is extraordinarily rare, and unless you are absolutely certain, don't buy it, you'll find out you've wasted your money. The fact that it is a 2nd ranger helmet should give you a bad feeling.

"I read that in war bad things happen, Ain't that the ************* truth" -1st Lt Mike Scotti

It`s so fake that it could be a good joke....or modern art???

The liner is rotten and late war.

I think the shell had almost no paint on it before it became such a "beauty".

The maker of this "piece of history" should change the type of weed he is smoking.

"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer." (G.S.Patton)

I think it would make a terrible re-enactor piece, the texture is wrong, the markings are wrong, and it's missing the chinstrap and the liner is trashed so it can't even be worn.

Keep in mind that this helmet would make an excellent re-enactor piece, which was likely it's original purpose.

No I don`t think this was done for re-enactors. Because it`s aged. It looks like 80 years old. The re-enactor who would fit to this helmet set is a skeleton :D deep down in the french soil.

If it`s not fakers stuff than it was probably for somebody who wanted to have a real looking ranger lid on the shelf.

"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer." (G.S.Patton)

Yes people do re-enactment with re-corked and aged painted helmets; why do you think places like jmurray1944, atthefront, toppots etc. sell restored M1 helmets?

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif