found this hiding in my room opinions please?

Navy Dan

Hi Everyone,

I was going through some of my extra stuff and ran a crossed this .I forgot it, I picked it up years ago at the flea market. Any help or opinions on the stencil if its army or navy.

Thanks Dan

post-2552-1222384400.jpg

post-2552-1222384410.jpg

Dan, about 10 years ago I passed up a 1903 rifle at a gun show that had honolulu in half inch letters stamped into the stock, I didn't know what that was all about until later when I saw pictures of other 1903 rifles on a gun forum with ships names stamped in the stock the same way. the uss honolulu was present at pearl harbor on dec 7th '41, just google uss honolulu for the ships history. the rifle was about $350. and I've kicked myself ever since, your belt would have been a perfect match for it. brad k.

Dan, about 10 years ago I passed up a 1903 rifle at a gun show that had honolulu in half inch letters stamped into the stock, I didn't know what that was all about until later when I saw pictures of other 1903 rifles on a gun forum with ships names stamped in the stock the same way. the uss honolulu was present at pearl harbor on dec 7th '41, just google uss honolulu for the ships history. the rifle was about $350. and I've kicked myself ever since, your belt would have been a perfect match for it. brad k.

Thanks Brad,

That helps clear it up for me I was thinking it was from one of the army bases in Honolulu.

Thanks Dan