WWII 1944 era USN VB-80 original jacket patch image / size needed

northcoastaero

northcoastaero

Does anyone happen to have an image and know the size of an original WWII USN VB-80 squadron patch? Also, I would like to know the

original material that it is made from. The squadron flew variations of the Helldiver and Dauntless (early on). 1944 era preferred. Any help

would be appreciated. Thank-you.

Here's and image I have , but not sure what they used then for the patch , some were painted on aircraft canvas, some were leather, some decals on leather , if they actually even used the design as a patch, some units just had a decal on their birds................

Most (not all) Navy patches of that era ranged between 5-6 inches ...........(note there is a black border aorund outside of emblem

Johnny

post-2068-0-62377000-1474866185_thumb.jpg

Also had this one, it is obviously done on twill with the aircraft and etc sewn in with thread ..............

But note lack of quite a bit of details from the artist rendering I first posted, and color variations ..........

post-2068-0-50954800-1474866764_thumb.jpg

I have to say sorry that I'm not sure , these two images I found online of the VB-80 emblem , per averages most Navy squadron patches run between 5-6 inches (outer edge measurement) ,I've not found an actual patch to know exact size.

Johnny