MP unit centipede? with armband, whistle, baton, and revolver! Disney Decal

BROBS

Any help with a unit on this design?

Got it for my wife for Christmas so I'd like to at least have unit info for her.

I thought it was really cool.

thanks,

-Brian

post-114538-0-45029700-1474582707_thumb.jpg

I don't believe it is,

unfortunately.

-Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm! I've seen that design somewhere. I want to say it was for a stateside unit.

Here's a decal on glass that is in my collection. The design was created for the 524th MP Battalion in early 1942.

To learn more about Disney's involvement in World War II see my book Service With Character. It's available on Amazon. The e-book has photos. The print version does not. The online gallery with all the images that was set up as a companion to the book was ordered taken down by Disney.

blog 524 Military Police.JPG

Hmmmm! I've seen that design somewhere. I want to say it was for a stateside unit.

If you do a search on "American Military Police in Europe, 1945-1991: Unit Histories" you will find that info about them. From what I did find, they did occupation duty in Austria

They also served pre-1945 with the 9th army.

http://www.instantweb.com/m/musicarchive/Memoirs/jake-07.htm

in Holland. So a unit that actually saw ETO action.

if you look up the US Military Police museum on Facebook they posted a similar footlocker with the same decal but named!!!!

thanks so much DisneyDave!

I will check out the ebook and most likely purchase it.

I wasn't aware of its availability.

-Brian

Here's a decal on glass that is in my collection. The design was created for the 524th MP Battalion in early 1942.

To learn more about Disney's involvement in World War II see my book Service With Character. It's available on Amazon. The e-book has photos. The print version does not. The online gallery with all the images that was set up as a companion to the book was ordered taken down by Disney.

attachicon.gifblog 524 Military Police.JPG

Great ID

BROBS what is the decal on?