CBI made bullion Flight Surgeon

rustywings

I picked up this USAAF CBI-made bush jacket with an unusual sewn-on gilt bullion Flight Surgeon wing at the ASMIC Convention in Portland last weekend. It's the first theater-made bullion example I've run across with yellow felt-like material incorporated into the center design.

Unfortunately, the jacket is not named... nor does it have any manufacturer tags.

CBI Flight Surgeon A.jpg

Thank you all for your positive responses. I was perusing Bob's excellent website (www.ww2wings.com) and ran across a beautiful bullion Flight Surgeon wing owned by Cliff Presley which caught my eye. There are lots of differences between Cliff's example and the one I posted... but there are a number of similarities which suggest these two CBI made bullion wings MAY have been influenced by the same artisan or shop... Check out the similar use of alternating types of bullion to form the feathers; The unusual diagonal line across the shoulders of each wing; and the overall design suggests similar techniques. What do you think? Any other CBI bullion examples out there for comparison? Please feel free to post them here.

presleybullionflightsurgeon4frtlg1.jpg

IMG_7302.JPG

• 3 weeks later...