Span AM/IndianWars caps?

wolfedawg

I recently picked these up from an estate and have been having a hard time identifying them. Span AM?? or Indian Wars?

Any idea on values?

Many Thanks!

Mike

Mike,

The cap on the viewer's far right is the 1895 pattern officer cap. The condition looks good and I would estimate $150-$175.

The cap on the viewer's left is the 1912 Infantry officer's dress cap.

The center cap, I believe is the 1902 officer's pattern for Coast Artillery.

All look very nice and I wish our estate sales would have these!

Left is field grade Infy officer's dress visor-- 1912 from the top width. #2 is an M1902 style EMs dress visor, but with an officer's eagle and earlier chinstrap/cord. (Actually this style cord was more used by USN officers!) #3 is an M1895 Army officer's "undress" blue cap

G

Wow, great finds from an estate sale!. I concur with what everyone said. Are the buttons on all of the caps federal eagle type or state coat of arms./seal.? That M1895 is a nice example.

Terry

Left is field grade Infy officer's dress visor-- 1912 from the top width. #2 is an M1902 style EMs dress visor, but with an officer's eagle and earlier chinstrap/cord. (Actually this style cord was more used by USN officers!) #3 is an M1895 Army officer's "undress" blue cap

G

Gil, Thanks for the correction on the 1902 pattern cap.

Thanks for all the help, very helpful group here!

Terry, the M1902 has the eagle buttons and the other two I'm assuming have the state coat of arms buttons. (looks like a shield with a bunch of curly Qs.)

I'm most likely going to sell them if anyone is interested.

Mike