Portland's ASMIC show was really good to me

ASMIC2971

I'm already having withdrawals from the annual ASMIC show, can it be next September already?

In the mean time I can always look at what I was able to pick up at this last one.

First picture is some misc patches I picked up.

- 16th Armor woolie

- CBI made USAAC

- Hashimoto 63rd Cavalry Division

- Engineer Intelligence cut edge

- 7th ID came with the uniform below

post-5665-0-75594900-1474420726_thumb.jpg

I missed out on the Flag Football Athletics Official Association patch like these, but two is better than none. Moral of the story, buy it when you see it because it might be your only chance.

post-5665-0-10385100-1474420824_thumb.jpg

Awhile back I was bitten by the Italian theatre reverse print variations of patches. I've been able to add an example of these every ASMIC show I've made, this year it was the 92nd Infantry Division.

post-5665-0-07408200-1474420963_thumb.jpg

post-5665-0-44338000-1474420974.jpg

And finally here is my holding my favorite piece of the show. As some can attest, this barely ever left my hand on Saturday. The one time it did, it apparently grew legs and walked a few tables over. I almost had a heart attack thinking I had left it at a table during my searches, I'm sure my ashen, white, mortified face was funny to the party playing a joke on me. They got me real good, and for that, I must give them applause.

post-5665-0-25528800-1474421386_thumb.jpg

Here is the uniform by itself. It is named to an officer with the last name Adams and first initial A., who supposedly served in Korea as well. I would assume that this officer served with the 133rd IR based off the CIB and some 133rd IR documents that came with this little group. I checked the registers for the war years and didn't see anyone that matches so I would assume he was an NG guy based off the American Defense Ribbon.

The CIB is one where the rifle is attached to the blue and not set in and clutch back too, all ribbons are plastic coated and Wolf-Brown clutch backs. Rank is Sterling Meyer Pin backs. I would be willing to bet his Bronze Star was a CIB conversion.

post-5665-0-84554200-1474421420_thumb.jpg

That is the best 34th ID patch in the universe. You made out pretty well with rest of your haul, too. His haul is another example of "it's not all on the internet".

Dave, you're 100% correct. I don't think I will find another one better than this one, although I secretly hope I do. However, you are spot on about not everything being on the net.

Robert - Thanks, I almost thought about leaving it behind

Ron - Not sure where it was made. Italy makes logical sense, or German. I just don't see a 34th guy having a Japanese made patch on the left sleeve if he was assigned to another unit after the war.

If you recall, I had to stare pretty hard at that jacket when you kept walking around Bob Chatts area! Couldn't take my eyes of that patch! Had to point it out to anyone who would look at it! Nice Italian 92nd Div patch also. Scored a 34th Italian patch this show myself. Thanks for the pics of the uniform!

• 2 weeks later...
General Colt

Nice finds! Heck, I remember seeing you carrying the Ike down the isle. You had a huge smile on your face at the same time!

I still have it every time I look at the uniform in my closet!

Nice finds! Heck, I remember seeing you carrying the Ike down the isle. You had a huge smile on your face at the same time!