Gilt Unnamed Flight Surgeon Grouping

mtnman

It took a long time to put this group together and I simply want to share it with my brothers and sisters in collecting. The wing is from a Flight Surgeon who passed in Illinois, and the other insignia are all JR Gaunt as well and came together in another lot. I think this is one of the most aesthetically pleasing groupings I own as I have a deep respect for the work of the Flight Surgeons, so to have the gilt FS wings indicative of the time between Feb 1943 and Sept 1944 combined with the namesake insignia of JR Gaunt, one of the oldest and finest of Military Insignia makers in the world....it is a real Blessing. Enjoy..

post-76516-0-25663000-1474394604_thumb.jpg

post-76516-0-26811600-1474394626_thumb.jpg

I hope you all know that you are the ones that make it all worthwhile.... for without sharing this inclination and calling given me, with those of like heart and calling, it would be an endeavor in serving only self. A lonely task indeed.

But to hear the enjoyment in your Hearts and Minds when you view this very same grouping is a blessing. This ignites in me those same evanescent eruptions of nostalgia mixed with awe mixed with empathy for our servicemen and for the servicewomen who supported them.... and then there is the power of woman to inspire; in the men's thoughts of home were the glorious comforts of the tender nurture in a mother's love and the powerful beauty of their wives & sweethearts whom gave their manhood so much purpose and decorated their minds eye and their equipment and gave hope and courage for to use their strength even unto death....if just to afford those women a covering of freedom and protection which made their manhood true and complete because their purpose was right and grounded in righteousness, the destruction of those men who would deceive and enslave and destroy entire nations just so the people would worship them as a god and titillate their lusts for power and pride and the pleasure of using others.

These contextual truths we are made aware of through our study of history, give value to these insignia, the gold and silver of our soldiers entering into a Righteous War effort and the diamonds and emeralds of valiant actions in Pursuit of victory over tyranny...... to hear you all perceive that value in Your Hearts gained through knowledge and understanding of the context within which these tiny monuments were vested with the intrinsic value by accompanying and adorning the bearers of these insignia through the world's most catastrophic battles...all so that America remain free from being enslaved to any of man's ideas of right and wrong, but to remain free to live under the True Standard of Good and Evil and Truth .....that is what America was once was built upon, "one nation under God indivisible with liberty and justice for all"...... And that is why this is the "US" Militaria Forum....I just wanted to say thanks to you all for sharing in the intangible experience only such Insignia coupled with awareness of History, can elicit... Blessings as always in your collecting Ladies and Gentlemen historian collectors.