Been Trying to ID this Squadron......ideas?

I think it actually is green and white so I believe you are correct it would be VA-55. That looks also looks like the canopy of a A4 Skyhawk. Thanks much!!

It has to be one of the units from the post that I posted. If you google search this image it brings up the yearbook from the USS Hancock

It has to be one of the units from the post that I posted. If you google search this image it brings up the yearbook from the USS Hancock

I agree and to me it has to be VA55, with the green and white colors. They even used a green/white checker pattern on their patches. Not sure how I missed that when I was searching. I even thought it might be a A4 outfit.

Somehow I never found that link or other photos. Thnks again!

post-5081-0-74887400-1474057389.jpg

northcoastaero

The pilot is sitting in a Martin-Baker MK-F7 ejection seat in a F-8 Crusader aircraft. This seat was

introduced in 1968. I would say VF-24 or VF-211. Flight helmets did not always have the traditional

colors on them as what was featured on the squadron patch. I am almost certain that the checkerboard

and mach wave was associated with these two F-8 squadrons also. The helmet appears to be an APH-6D or

upgraded APH-6A.

I'll do some more checking. Vf24 made use of that mach wave marking quite a bit but I don't know about 211. I also know 24 had all black helmets for a period but not sure about 211 although it still looks a dark green to me with white but anyway....thanks for the suggestions.