Question about the round Fighting Bee patches

mikie

Hi,

My friend's birthday is coming up and I thought I'd make up a display honoring his late uncle, a WWII Seabee. Some of the Fighting Bee patches have the word SEABEES, and others have the letters CB. Does anyone know what the difference was as far as time used, if both were authorized versions, and were there different personnel who would have used either? Thanks in advance for any insight!

Regards,

Mikie

Thanks, Firefighter. I have a couple of the CB patches, so one of those should be good for the project. I saw a reference somewhere that the SEABEES patch was officially authorized in 1944, at least the illustration showed that version, but found nothing on the CB patch.

Mikie

Thanks, Firefighter. I have a couple of the CB patches, so one of those should be good for the project. I saw a reference somewhere that the SEABEES patch was officially authorized in 1944, at least the illustration showed that version, but found nothing on the CB patch.

Mikie

You're welcome. I'm not sure when the 'CB' version

was authorized.

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote to the Seabee Museum asking about this. Someone on staff replied:

"The smaller patch with the letters C B was earlier and never approved. The Larger one with SEABEE on it was the authorized patch to wear on the dress uniforms. Authorized about 1944".

Mikie