Italian 1930s/WWII Tankette GWOT.

patches

post-34986-0-04458000-1473820511_thumb.jpg

Came across this photo, Italian CV 33 Tankette, didn't seem to have a description of photo, just photo, It's in the Middle East, but where, Iraq, Kuwait??? Back story if you please from any of you members that where in The Sand Box and recognize this.

• 3 months later...

The photo is from Iraq. There is a video I have seen I think on war history forum or a similar sight showing all the various WWII vehicles that were found in Iraq after the invasion. I remember their was a Sherman they found at the Iraqi tank school by Taji and they had several others in the video. If i remember correctly on my last visit to the Patton Museum before it closed up to move to FT Benning one of the more rare WWII Italian tanks found in Iraq the museum had brought back and was restoring to display.

The photo in this thread is also interesting because of the unique arrangement of uniform/insignia items.

DCU Helmet Cover

ACU Jacket

OD-Green Name/Branch Tapes

Just going off of this, the picture is likely from around 2005.

• 2 months later...

Awesome! Would hate to be a crew member in one of those. Looks like a deathtrap!

Yeah and to think they used them on the Eastern Front :o They were found in the Italian 3rd Fast Division.