10th SPECIAL FORCES GP - STRANGE INSIGNIA

firefighter

I have had these pins for 35+ years. I think someone said it showed the process of the finished badge, or something like that. None of the badges are marked.

Posted ImagePosted Image

When I was in Bad Tolz, these were worn by some of the older fellas. We all ended up getting one. The dudes up in Berlin had a different crest and flash. This was only seen in 1st Battalion, though, and occasionally around the Association. When you first got to the unit you wore either a striker bar, candy stripe, or a leather patch, felt flash, or the a flash with this crest. Not authorized outside of Group. You got them from supply or you got them from a clock shop near Wolfe's stube. It's about two and a half fingers wide, covers the flash just right. They were made somewhere in Germany. I thought Oberammergau. I know Kalka had a bunch at one time back in the 80s, up in Augsburg where you could get mugs and plaques. The lightening bolt behind the Trojan horse, without the wings, is older, I thought from the 1950s/60s dudes. All the plaques in HHC hall way and some of the team rooms had these older crests.

post-115509-0-65507700-1474134329_thumb.jpg

When I was in Bad Tolz, these were worn by some of the older fellas. We all ended up getting one. The dudes up in Berlin had a different crest and flash. This was only seen in 1st Battalion, though, and occasionally around the Association. When you first got to the unit you wore either a striker bar, candy stripe, or a leather patch, felt flash, or the a flash with this crest. Not authorized outside of Group. You got them from supply or you got them from a clock shop near Wolfe's stube. It's about two and a half fingers wide, covers the flash just right. They were made somewhere in Germany. I thought Oberammergau. I know Kalka had a bunch at one time back in the 80s, up in Augsburg where you could get mugs and plaques. The lightening bolt behind the Trojan horse, without the wings, is older, I thought from the 1950s/60s dudes. All the plaques in HHC hall way and some of the team rooms had these older crests.

Very nice. Thank you for sharing.