Need assistance with airplane identification.

DesertDweller

Hello all, I am posting here to hopefully learn more about am airplane in a photograph of my Grandfather. I'm not sure where or when the photo was taken, he supposedly flew in the European theater, and then later trained pilots at Douglas Army Air Field in Douglas, AZ.

I realize the image doesn't show a lot, but any information that you would be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

UnPWzqa.jpg

Based on the large Buzz number on the nose, I'd suggest it's a US based B-25 used for training pilots. Definitely a B-25 Hard to tell what model but most likely a early painted J

Note the large letter number combo on this 25 that was a stateside training bird.

post-68384-0-68433600-1473568021_thumb.jpg

38Driver, thank you. That it's a trainer would make sense, as I have learned that B-25 crews were trained at Douglas Army Air Field when he was stationed there.

Thank you, ram957! I see that copy is from 1943, so I would think there would be issues for 1944 and 1945? I don't know exactly when my Grandfather was stationed there, but it most likely would have been in 45. I would love to find a copy of the Aeronaut with his photo in it!