ERDL find in the Halloween section at Savers!

milsurp_scout_14

milsurp_scout_14

Well folks, it's that time of year again: If you're looking for uniforms, the Halloween section at the local Goodwill/Savers can be pretty useful. I ran through around 8-10 of them over the past week or so and found some range of uniforms, including what I believe to be a very late ERDL camo pattern combat coat. Contract number is from 1979, so I would guess this was one of the last ones made? Some of the features are similar to the 'M81' style uniforms (straight pockets, etc). Also scored a complete set of mid-70's ERDL's that looked nearly unissued, as well as several patched Army and Air Force tops. Have not found much actual gear, but uniforms of all types appear plentiful this year. Seen a few Navy BDU's as well. Anyone have some good thrift store finds lately?

post-153911-0-87814500-1473221574.jpg

milsurp_scout_14

A sampling of what I found at one Goodwill. This was about half of what they had--most in the $5-$10 range (except the chemsuit from 1977, that was $14).

post-153911-0-56761200-1473221942.jpg

Living in Australia, and worse Perth you would be lucky to find that much of that kind of uniforms at a military show. I would have bought the lot.lol

The shirt you pictured is an RDF uniform, used by rangers, SF, etc., in the late 70s & 80s. Search the forum and you'll find plenty of info. Good finds!

USMarineCorps

A sampling of what I found at one Goodwill. This was about half of what they had--most in the $5-$10 range (except the chemsuit from 1977, that was $14).

Did you pick up that 25th ID stuff?

SWI = Schreck Wholesale Inc., which is a big surplus dealer and manufacturer.

As kammo-man said, it's a commercial surplus store copy and not a real military uniform item.

milsurp_scout_14

Thanks for the info; I guess I'll use it as a beater coat. I didn't end up buying many uniforms; they're not necessarily my area of collecting, and I'm running low on space. Went back to the same one tonight and found a Civil Air Patrol flightsuit dated 1968, along with a few more dress coats (but left them all behind). Also found and bought a 1970 dated OD green poplin coat.

Well folks, it's that time of year again: If you're looking for uniforms, the Halloween section at the local Goodwill/Savers can be pretty useful. I ran through around 8-10 of them over the past week or so and found some range of uniforms, including what I believe to be a very late ERDL camo pattern combat coat. Contract number is from 1979, so I would guess this was one of the last ones made? Some of the features are similar to the 'M81' style uniforms (straight pockets, etc). Also scored a complete set of mid-70's ERDL's that looked nearly unissued, as well as several patched Army and Air Force tops. Have not found much actual gear, but uniforms of all types appear plentiful this year. Seen a few Navy BDU's as well. Anyone have some good thrift store finds lately?

You know the wide "elvis" collar, white tag and overall short length of the jacket make it look like a very early BDU. What is the material, is it rip stop cotton or 50/50 NyCo?

• 2 weeks later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I'd love to find the flight suit on the far left of the image, I'm betting it was used by non-aviation due to a lack of flame retardant uniforms in OEF/OIF

I've actually seen more uniforms at Salvation Army than at Goodwill...Goodwill has online auctions and will go that route if they feel it's financially benificial to do so....In saying this, as of late I've come across two Vietnam era USMC dress blue jackets along with some regular army VN era fatigues....I broke down and bought one of the marine coats simply because it was too cheap to walk away from....Bodes

Cap pattern, the 25th ID has aviation brigade so it is more likely to be pilot or crewman, than being grunt used. That period was very short so it is slim.

OP, if the 25th ID uniforms is named to same soldier, you should buy the grouping and and sell it to someone who collects them.