Wehrmacht Tunic Bringback w/ Many Questions - Help!

Collector5516

Collector5516

So... I purchased this grouping from a friend of mine who comes across militaria from time to time. It came from the estate of M.A. Boonstra who was in the Air Force. However, the items came from the estate of Abraham Daniel Nieskens or his brother Peter J. Nieskens. They lived in Paterson, NJ.

Here is everything that came with the grouping:

German tunic

US Service Jacket with 1st Army and 4th Army Patches

2 German pennants (found in pocket of German tunic)

Patches (these were in the pocket of the US jacket

Here are my questions...

1. Can we nail down which brother the US jacket belonged to?

2. Why is there a CBI patch in the group? Did one of the brothers serve in that theater? Written in period ink on the back of this patch is "III R.L. Sullivan, Sandford, ME".

post-11143-0-17375400-1473034264_thumb.jpg

post-11143-0-71353500-1473034276_thumb.jpg

Been a while but I will take a stab at German tunic. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Looks like green waffenfarbe or piping on the boards. I think this is admin. The HV I believe represents that as well. Two pips is Hauptmann or Captain rank. Hope that helps. Kevin

Kevin is correct with his identification. The red/white/black pennant depict the national tri-colors, and was used as a parade route decoration. The red and white pennant I've never seen, but my guess is state colors. Jack

Heers Verwaltung, Administrative tunic with rank equivalent of Hauptman, (captain) but not able to control troops. Kind of like our technical ranks but more like civil service.

Collector5516

Thank to everyone for providing information on the tunic and the pennants. Now I'd love to nail down which brother brought them home and what the connection is with the named CBI shoulder patch.