Baseball gloves - wartime or between ww2 and korean war?

Backtheattack

Backtheattack

The seller of the baseball bat visited me, so now I own 2 baseball gloves, too. He told me all 3 items came from a pub at Kemnath near Grafenwöhr. Think all 3 items are from around the same time period. What did you think? I`m not common with baseball - a sport seldom seen in Germany - but the net told me there are different gloves in use for a match.

post-104851-0-35819800-1473011284_thumb.jpg

This is the first glove

No way to tell really the time period IMO.

Certainly 1950's or earlier I would think. I believe they would be accurately represented as being 'ww2 period'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like militaria, baseball glove collectors have a forum.

Ken-Wel is not a common glove like Rawlings, MacGregor, etc., but they were fairly common back in the 40s. Check out BaseballCollector.com

There is a way to determine the era of the gloves. You just have to look at details like stitching, pockets, buttons, lacing style, grommets, design/pattern of the shape of the glove, etc.

Besides the service teams being issued gloves, the GIs would also get equipment issued for R&R time behind the lines. There is no way to tell if everything was stamped with military markings. GIs could have had their gloves mailed from home, too.

Agree with Rally

The fielders glove is real similiar in shape and construction to a USN marked one I have that came from a vet who played on the 1943 era Marine Corps Team.He later serverd with a Marine Air Wing.He said they won the inter service championships in 43.He said he played with a famous baseball player that was on the team but I have long forgotten the name.

Backtheattack

Thank`s for the informations and the websites. Both will stay in the collection, together with the baseball bat, as part of "sports and recreation".