NEED ID ON THIS BUGS BUNNY TOW TARGET PATCH BUGS BUNNY

BND173D

Johnny Signor

It may be painted, but I still don't think so, the irregular lines are from use/bending of the patch it's just thin material it is put on and the heavy paint is one of the second/third additions of each of the various colors, they were put on on at a time when silkscreened ..........

YOU MAY BE RIGHT ,I HAVEN'T HAD ENOUGH OF THESE TO BE POSSITIVE TO SAY IF HAND PAINTED OR SILK SCREEN. I THINK IT IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT IN HAND INSPECTION IS BEST. SILK SCREEN IS MORE OF A MASS PRODUCTION I BELIEVE, SEEMS LIKE THERE WOULD BE MORE OUT THERE. ED

I used to be a silk screen printer back in the day, this patch does show signs of silk screening, kind of hard to explain but all the colors had there own screen and each screen had to be lined up perfectly, you can see some tell tale signs of imperfect screen work, look at bugs bunnys tail, the white was probably put down first and sometimes where colors over lap there will be a gap like you can see in that area and others where the white and blue and gray are showing, the black was applied last and is designed to cover any mis alignment but it is very typical to see imperfect gaps in color like this with silk screening process especially in the past they didnt have micro perfect machines and also if it were painted by hand the artist wouldnt leave gaps like that...really nice patch by the way....mike

Tredhead you are seeing the irregular lines of the original drawing used to create the screens.

This patch is 100% screen printed.

-Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Signor

There were patches that were put out in large lots, but that doesn't mean you'll easily find them in large quantities now days, you have to remember this is over 70 years ago, many were lost during the war, after in moving around, stolen, given away to people who don't even realize what they are etc, so not seeing more than one or more doesn't really prove this either ....... Also this one being a Tow Target unit I'm sure there probably weren't too large a batch made in the first place .

Regardless of how it was done , it's still a nice patch and original .

Johnny