NEED ID ON THIS BUGS BUNNY TOW TARGET PATCH BUGS BUNNY

BND173D

Is this for certain a USAAF/USAF unit, or could it possibly be one of the USN/VJ Squadrons?

VJ-1

VJ-2

VJ-4

VJ-7

VJ-8

VJ-9

VJ-10

VJ-12

VJ-13

VJ-14

VJ-15

VJ-16

VJ-17

VJ-18

VJ-19

Johnny Signor

Bob, I have a good selection of Ww2 Navy "VJ" type images, and it isn't the following, VJ-1,2,4,7,9,10,12,13,17,19, so the possible would be any of the others from the list , but I'm leaning towards ti being an AAF one I I don't have some images for some of their Tow Target units .....

Pricing for an item of this type varies greatly depending on a number of details.

IMHO- If this was my patch, I wouldn't even consider selling it until I had identified the unit.

For all we know this might be some super-rare collectors piece worth several hundreds of dollars.

Until you know the 'What' you can't really know the 'How Much'.

I'd give this Forum some time, and you ought to expand your research into other venues as well.

I just heard from a friend at AF/Historical and for what its worth, he thinks this may simply be a variation on the original

design theme of the 10th Tow Target Squadron (see attachment).

While not conclusive this should be of some help in narrowing your search. If you can locate identical or similar examples

akin to yours that can be linked to the 10thTTS, your pretty much home free.

Good luck with your hunt.

post-6249-0-05968700-1472847718.jpg

Tow Target patches do not bring anything close to AAF squadron patches. If you want to sell it I would start at $400 and slowly drop the price.

I bet it would be around $175-225 if you listed as an auction on eBay. I follow home front squadron patches very closely.

Tow Target patches do not bring anything close to AAF squadron patches. If you want to sell it I would start at $400 and slowly drop the price.

I bet it would be around $175-225 if you listed as an auction on eBay. I follow home front squadron patches very closely.

agreed I was going to say value of 150-250 just based on the fact it's Bugs.. maybe a bit more because of that.

if it was just a rabbit and not Bugs I would say under 150 IMO.

-Brian

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE INFO. HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN POSITIVELY ID IT. I FOUND 1 OTHER ON ANOTHER SIGHT BUT IT IS NOT IDENTIFIED EITHER AND IN BAD CONDITION. I WILL TRY TO POST A BETTER PHOTO OF FRONT AND BACK TOMORROW. ED

Can we see a photo of the back? It looks like silkscreen on canvas which is a common construction used for USN squadron patches, but I can't figure out the twill edges. Is it a canvas patch glued to a cloth backing? Any signs of it having been seen on? Jeffro

HERE IS A PHOTO OF THE BACK. IT LOOKS HAND PAINTED TO ME THERE IS SOME PAINT ON THE BACK. IT HAS A OFFICERS QUALITY WOOL SOWN ON THE EDGES. WILL TRY TO GET BETTER PHOTOS WHEN IT IS LIGHT OUT. ED

post-19375-0-48345500-1472892614_thumb.jpg

Johnny Signor

This patch was most likely silkscreened onto the material , I don't think it was hand painted , I have seen other patches done on the same material with a varied border like below .......

post-2068-0-41301000-1473008958.jpg

post-2068-0-20338000-1473009088.jpg

HERE ARE SOME BETTER PHOTOS. IT LOOKS LIKE PAINT TO ME THERE ARE SOME THICKER LOOKS LIKE PAINT SPOTS. THERE IS SOME CRACKING IN THE PAINT. COULD BE SILK SCREEN AS I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THAT LOOKS LIKE. THERE ARE A COUPLE SMALL SPOTS OF PAINT ON THE BACK SAME COLORS AS THE FRONT. HERE ARE BETTER PHOTOS. ALSO THE MATERIAL THAT IS SOWN ON LOOKS LIKE THE SAME MATERIAL AS A OFFICERS DRESS UNIFORM. ED

post-19375-0-67813300-1473017970_thumb.jpg