Wow, some amazing models!

rrobertscv

The whole show was very impressive. I liked the over head view of the helicopter rescue. I have a couple of water dioramas planned, but have not acted because of the lack of technique. I can only hope that they will compare favorably when they are done.

That is talent with a capital T! twothumbup.gif I used to love to build models and I have always wanted to do that, but I do not have the steady hand for the detailed painting. There are many modeling sites out there with exhibits and dioramas like these. Makes me get the itch to try it again.....only to have it look like a 2nd graders art project. :(

Troy

......Makes me get the itch to try it again.....only to have it look like a 2nd graders art project. :(

Troy

:lol: I'm with you on that one, Troy!

Terry

brandon_rss18
That is exactly why Part 9 in Band of Brothers is titled, "Why We Fight". When the episode portrays the first visit to the concentration camp. I think the episode was titled very nicely.

- Jeff

Couldnt agree with you more Jeff, that is by far my favorite episode out of the series, and even though I have seen it probably more than 10 times I still cry every time. I think that model belongs in a Holocaust Museum to help get the message through. I also believe that model with the Tomcat and the Japanese planes was inspired my "Final Countdown". HAHA that movie was horrible in my opinion.

• 2 months later...
Very impressive displays...!

I agee,utterly disgusting that they would allow such a display despite talent involved..I hate to say but would be equivilent to atom bombs being dropped on Japan..terrible&sad part of history,but doesn't need to be relived through a model by anyone,very poor taste.

I agee,utterly disgusting that they would allow such a display despite talent involved..I hate to say but would be equivilent to atom bombs being dropped on Japan..terrible&sad part of history,but doesn't need to be relived through a model by anyone,very poor taste.

Nope, just as the atom bomb drop, it does need to be displayed in whatever medium needed so the past is not forgotten.

Chris