ARMY RECRUITER BADGES

firefighter

• 2 years later...

Any significance to the “brilliants” in the detailed pic? These are great showing the evolution and variation.

My experience is from the late 90's. The regulations have changed since then.

You are awarded the silver badge when you graduate from recruiting school. For everyone you put in the Army you received points. Once enough points were earned then you got your first gold star. Once you received three gold stars the next award was the gold badge. The next award after that was the first sapphire achievement star, for a total of three. The next award after that was the Army Recruiter Ring. The final award was the Glenn E. Morrell Medallion.

In 2010 the Army stopped awarding the gold achievement stars for the silver badge, the gold badge and the sapphires. In 2011 they started awarding the Master Recruiter Badge.

In 2016 they restarted awarding the gold badge but not the sapphires.

Got it, that makes sense. Do you know of the significance of the green backing? I have one with red backing but havent found any info addressing it. Many thanks

post-114-0-06072900-1543504939.jpeg

The green backing signifies the wearer as a station commander. He would be the NCOIC at your local Army recruiting office.

The red backing was worn by a recruiter when he made his mission for that month. If his mission was to sign up 3 people for that month and he did then he made mission or "boxed" then he wore the red background. If the next month he had a mission of 3 and only put 2 in then he had to take the red backing off.

Lots of cool information. Much appreciated.

As it was the worst assignment of my career, I am glad that something from it is useful.

As it was the worst assignment of my career, I am glad that something from it is useful.

LOL!! When i was a kid in the mid-late 70s we use call the recruiters, we all wanted to join. But I was the only one that did. The recruiters were cool and would send us all kinds of posters, stickers, etc.. I cant imagine being one though, not a good salesman. LoL!

• 1 year later...
Military Engineer

Thanks for the information on the back colors. I have wondered what they were for.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know when the cloth versions start to be worn on fatique items? Subdued yes, but was there an earlier color version like the Drill Sergeant had?

Thanks in Advance.