Help To ID Medal

manayunkman

Please refer to this thread to help ID this medal.

Looks like it was worn around the neck.

It has the name of the organization on the back.

Or is it the name of the medal ? But it does not resemble the medal that goes by that name.

Or is it not a medal but a watch FOB?

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/273590-this-medal-is-not-who-it-says-it-is-but-close-id-help/

This medal is not listed in Bishop & Elliot's American Society Medals. I would think that it has some age to it. In modern times engraving is typically executed by machine. This is obviously hand engraved.

What are the dimensions of this pendant? Depending on its size, I do not believe this would have been worn around the neck.

From the above SUVCW website, it states that there are four classes of membership. "Hereditary, Junior, Associate and Honorary. " If I am not mistaken, sons of Original members were allowed to wear their predecessor's badge on a ribbon that had a blue center stripe whereas the original stripe was red. That leaves three other possible answers for members. The engraving on the back and the emblem on the front leave no question that it is related to the MOLLUS organization.

Seeing as the Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States is still viable, it makes sense that contacting someone from MOLLUS might be the quickest route to answering your question.

Kevin