36-tex

ASMIC Militaria Show In Portland, Oregon 2016

I have handed out over 500 of these in the past couple of weeks! We should see some local results. VFW halls, Veterans halls, Elks, Moose and Eagles halls, biker shops of all kinds, local Guard and Reserve locations, Recruting offices, gun shops, even afew Police and Fire stations. And any veteran I know that might be interested!

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

I have handed out over 500 of these in the past couple of weeks! We should see some local results. VFW halls, Veterans halls, Elks, Moose and Eagles halls, biker shops of all kinds, local Guard and Reserve locations, Recruting offices, gun shops, even afew Police and Fire stations. And any veteran I know that might be interested!

Thanks so much....really appreciate your efforts

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Member, ASMIC.

Editor, ASMIC's The Trading Post

ASMIC Executive VP

Have fun. Cannot make this one. Post pics if you get time.

Jack

donation2017.gif

Flying out tomorrow from Boston with two very full suitcases of patches. Will have 24 cases jammed with I hope you think are better patches to absolutely killer! Some of the highlights include Tank Destroyer Instructor patch group named. The rarest war correspondent patch of WW2 the "Writing 69th" the unit of Walter Cronkite and Andy Rooney. Silk AVG gold bullion shoulder patch. SACO patches,OSS Jedburg wing patch and OSS Spearhead patch. Free Thai patch. Real 29th ranger tab. 509th bullion and Italian emb and French 3rd Zouaves badges.War Crimes Trial and IMTFE,etc. This is just a drop in the bucket of what I have to offer. Please stop by and atleast ask questions and take pictures.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2019.gif

I will be there, can't make it till Sat. But have waited since 1994 which was the last Portland show to be there again. Very excited to meet a lot of you that I have talked with through the years.

Here is a recent photo of me, so if you see me, please say hi and introduce yourself. Ken

post-4732-0-33371400-1473897162_thumb.jpg

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

Looking for 41st INF. And older IDF Helmet, gear, insignia.

donation2015.gif

Not arriving till Friday early am, but am stoked to see everyone and of course check out the candy store.

Always buying USMC named uniforms and unit marked items.

"Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid"

Sold a lot of patches today already. Still have more. There are some terrific displays (from private collections) that would put many museums to shame.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Member, ASMIC.

ASMIC Executive VP

Gidday DK

Can you guys post pics of the convention , will be great to see especially for us from the uttermost ends.

I know it will be a great success.

cheers mate

Phill

Will be there bright and early Friday!

donation2013.gifdonation2015.gif

Looking for: Washington and Oregon Coast Artillery items

Any items related to the Harbor Defenses of the Columbia River and the Harbor Defenses of Puget Sound, 1860s-WWII. This includes items from Fort Stevens, OR; Ft Canby, WA; Ft Columbia, WA; Ft Worden, WA; Ft Casey, WA; Ft Flagler, WA; Ft Ward, WA; Ft Whitman, WA; Camp Hayden, WA; and the following units that served at these forts:
Columbia River: 33rd, 34th, 93rd, and 160th Companies, CAC; and 18th and 249th Coast Artillery regiments
Puget Sound: 26th, 30th, 62nd, 63rd, 71st, 85th, 92nd, 94th, 106th, 108th, 126th, 149th, and 150th Companies, CAC; and 14th and 248th Coast Artillery regiments

Coast Defense Study Group member & site representative for the Columbia River forts

ASMIC member

Agate Hunter has an impressive display with nicely conditioned insignia, well documented text that concisely gives both the history of the subject as well as describing the insignia. My hat is off to his display. He won an award for it, too. Very appealing display, well laid out, and appears to be historically accurate of a little know time frame of American military history.

Member, ASMIC.

ASMIC Executive VP

My family and I had a great time! Lots of eye candy. Really nice to meet and do business with you Dave. I was really happy with what I walked away with the meager funds that I had.

Scott

donation2007.gif

Great show! Found a bunch of neat ephemera, old army Air Force and Usn matchbooks, a beautiful Mae West b-4, some a9a shearling gunner mits, and a nice named 8th Air Force class A tunic with ribbons and patches. Overall had a great time, will post pictures of my finds when I get home!

Had a great show, bought some nice medals and saw a few people I hadn't seen in 15-20 years.

A++ to ASMIC and the organizers.

Kurt

!!!! WANTED !!!!

WWII Prisoner of War items : Medals, Mail, Diaries, Photos, Documents, Scrapbooks + More

WWII Naval Aviation Groupings : Medals, Documents, Scrapbooks, Photos, Flight Logs, Flight Jackets + More

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I was correct when I said that I would have a table full of stuff that no one would want. But on the other hand I bought a ton of WW2 Corpsman stuff for my collection. Can't complain about that.

donation2017.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

This was my first ASMIC show and I have to say I had a great time. Got to visit with Frank and Kurt; have not seen them for a couple of years. Picked up a nice Army SAW/Mexican Service campaign group. Met some long time patch collectors that guided and helped me with some WW1 patches. I am a 'medal guy', not a 'patch guy' and totally out of my element when it comes to patches.

Kudos to ASMIC and the Portland organizers, good job!

- Looking For USMC "Rim Numbered" GCM 26922 & USMC Yangtze Service Medal MNo1086 -

- Looking for Attributed -

US Campaign Medal Groups - Army or USMC

WW 1 Silver Star & Purple Heart Medal Groups and WW 1 Groups with Mexican Campaign Medal or Mexican Border Service Medal

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Great show! My son and I are back in Nebraska. I will post some pictures tonight of some of my finds. There were some incredible items that were awesome to see in person. It was great to finally put a face with a name from people I have communicated with on the forum. The knowledge shared at these type of conventions / shows is priceless. Thank you to all who made the trip enjoyable! It was good to laugh and shoot the bull with many of you!

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Sell and / or trade items: http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j335/36tex/Military Collectables For Sale or Trade/

Here is one of my finds. It a posthumous Navy Purple Heart to the USS Yorktown for the Battle of Midway.

image.jpeg

!!!! WANTED !!!!

WWII Prisoner of War items : Medals, Mail, Diaries, Photos, Documents, Scrapbooks + More

WWII Naval Aviation Groupings : Medals, Documents, Scrapbooks, Photos, Flight Logs, Flight Jackets + More

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Can't wait to see all of you folks back here in FIVE years!! Ok, maybe SIX years?!?!? You can see we do try to put on a great show for everyone up here in the NW. Might have to bring in Voodoo dohnuts for everyone and some free Tillamuck chesse too! We are east to get to up here so lets get back up here SOON! Have $157.00 left so I didn't go broke. Although the amont of patches I did get should make me! Some of the best display I have seen in awhile! Some really thought out and informitive ones! Felt like going to a family reunion you really wanted to go to. Picked up so great hole fillers from tredhed2 and vintageproduction! Will keep the coffee away from Doug B. next time!

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

What a way to spend the last three days! It was great to see so many fellow collectors. The displays were amazing, and naturally were on topics that I didn't know much about; until now. My hat goes off to Doug and all the others that worked tirelessly to make it such an amazing show for all of us. I hope everyone who made it enjoyed their time out in Portland, I know I did. I somehow managed to make it out of the convention with a few bucks left in my pocket...$11 to be precise.

Cant wait until next year in Kansas City!

"Remember Bataan, Never Forget"

Actively looking for U.S. Army Run/Swim/Walk For Your Life patches.

Treasurer, ASMIC

Area V VP, ASMIC

www.asmic.org

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif
donation2014.gif

I would be remmiss not to mention the award won by Sean Conejos, aka Friscohare to you on the Forum.

He recently wrote an article on UV Light and the Burn Test, which we published in The Trading Post (it's in Oct-Dec 2016). He provided some great pix, the article was thoroughly researched and annotated; yet even someone like me could understand it. It will be Bible for conducting investigations using these methods.

For the military show that we sponsored, he created a 3D viewing model to even more accurately explain the process of UV detection. He added to it with another model discussing and explaining the Burn Test. Here's another way to explain it. You all know those "​science projects" you had to do in elementary or middle school, and everyone's looks like they made them with flour, water, and a lot of incomplete poster paint, and ONE kid looks like his dad is a rocket scientist? Well, Sean is THAT dad. I'm not going into details about his career choice, but I can see why he chose it and why he's a VP at his company.

His "display" was so creative, so interesting, so awe-inspiring, we had to create a new category of display so we could honor him.

This is why I encourage collectors to attend our military shows; they are not just about insignia, but have displays that are just awesome. The displays continue to put museums to shame.

Member, ASMIC.

ASMIC Executive VP

Yes, this display was very well done and very informative. There were several other displays that were top notch.

Always buying USMC named uniforms and unit marked items.

"Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid"