Vietnam era Special Forces Green Berets

37thguy

....as part of the ever growing addiction, er ehm, I mean collection, heres the latest pic of my Green Berets. I think its 17 in all now, with 6 or 7 that are ID'd.

post-729-0-49391500-1490361943_thumb.jpg

Just came in the mail today. Then 2d Lt Richard Wrights 7th Gp beret. Bancroft made with the yellow lining. Later, 1st Lt Wright would command the 551st MSF.

post-729-0-59878300-1490477257_thumb.jpg

A couple of pics of him in country. Bottom one is, I believe a pic of him being Medivac'd with his thumb shot off. He lost it to enemy fire while recovering the body of his Radioman in A-503.

post-729-0-37706900-1490477575.png

Paddock's book "Origins of SF" is a good start. Avoid Plaster's book. They do not provide much on SF specifically as SOG was a joint unit, not SF specific. If you want to do specific research on an individual, Steve Sherman is the man. He does have the most comprehensive personnel list going. If it's 10th Group specific send me an email and I can probably help you. That is my area of expertise.

Good luck with your project.

FT.Monmouth1943

Saw that lot and forgot to bid on it and I'm still kicking myself about it lol. Did you remove the original crest from the beret?

• 3 weeks later...