kwc271

No stamps!

Hello all,

I just acquired a fixed bail front seam helmet . Original paint and texture but I can not find a stamping of any kind on the inside at all. Does anyone know who made their helmets like that with no stampings? It had a vietnam liner in it and I only paid $20 for it in a antique shop so I seriously dou t it is fake. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Kevin

Or just when cut in the press missed the stamp. Product of manufacturing in mass quantities.

I've had a couple over the years that there simply was not a stamp to be found. Just a manufacturing anomaly.

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I've had one or two that had a very light heat number stamp covered in paint. I have since stopped trying to uncover heat stamps on obvious US M1 shells. I agree if yours is a fixed bail and had a US liner in it it probably is US manufactured. Of course pictures would help verify.

Craig

Thank you to all that have served our country and to your families that have sacrificed without your presence at home. Thank you to all that have given their lives for my freedom and to their families that suffer. May God bless you!

Thanks everyone. I'm sure it's legit. I was just wondering if some made it without the stampings