Unusual DCU - what the heck is it?

ClaptonIsGod

ClaptonIsGod

I've had this big (2XL-Long) Rothco DCU in my collection for some years now, and I've spent all of those years trying to figure out what it is. I bought it from a surplus store, so I didn't get a back story. The only thing I've been able to turn up in research is that there is a Team Eagle airfield logistics and equipment company that sometimes works with the military, so I guess it would be possible that this was part of a uniform a civilian contractor wore while in country. However, the presence of the Iraqi flag throws that off for me. The only other possibility I can think of is that perhaps this is special operations related, but I'm at my wit's end, so I figured I'd post it and hopefully get some ideas.

3629217c22.jpeg

I had found something similar awhile back except the tapes were desert colors and thought I had some sort of US advisory type uniform. Someone on the forum said it was an OPFOR uniform.

Sorry for the delay as I just found the images. I found this uniform as is at the flea market in 2009. The uniform is dated 2003.

post-1389-0-67747800-1471446247.jpg

post-1389-0-64207300-1471446277.jpg

post-1389-0-62178600-1471446322.jpg

post-1389-0-35579400-1471446346.jpg

post-1389-0-30950500-1471446441.jpg

The first DCU has the Iraqi flag used from 2004-08 on it while the 2nd DCU has the current Iraqi flag. Either way, I would think using the Iraqi flag on an OPFOR uniform is a big no-no. I'm guessing government contractor.

• 6 months later...

That patch with the "11" on it is obviously designed to look like an Iraqi Army divisional patch. It's possible this uniform was used during US based training for some type of simulation. To prepare soldiers for deployment to Iraq, the Army created some mock-up Iraqi towns that were intended to be as realistic as possible. My guess is that this uniform was used in this type of training.

The "Team Eagle" jacket would likely be for a civilian contractor, as mentioned earlier.