WWII Beach Invasion Medic Helmet?

Pudgy (V)

There he is, a few days before D-Day on the LST-380 with an HA2c rating. With jguy1986 and MattS information, I think you got yourself a good one. Wanna sell it? ;)

Temp Help.jpg

Using Matt's link, I posted the photo here. Congrats on an incredible find! BTW, I still think it's shellac. :)

10029388_110208555958.jpg

Thank-you MattS, Bugme, Jguy1986. You guys helped a lot. What an amazing find!!!! Looks like we wrote a little bit of helmet history with this one.

No problem, glad to help! He enlisted in the navy on 6/7/43 at Erie, PA, trained as a Hospital Apprentice and was on LST 380 during the D-Day landing. Returned to St. Marys, PA after the war, as a member of their VFW and Legion and passed away in 1964.

Crew of LST-380, June 1st, 1944, Brixham, England.

post-32676-0-54634500-1471370411_thumb.jpg

I'm on my phone right now so I can't post any photos, but if you check his muster roll from April 30 on LST 48, it is suggested that he was a member of FOXY 29.

This is really, really cool.

First, I'm so glad this worked out and great work by fellow forum members you guys are awesome. A Normandy D-Day named invasion helmet = outstanding. Second I'm glad to actually have seen and hold this helmet and meet another forum member. Well done!!

Lucky 7th Armored

Holy cow!!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading the progress this thread has gone through. Consider yourself extremely lucky and grateful that he put his name there and you found it... Congratulations!!

Here is what I wanted to post yesterday, showing the original FOXY 29 notation. Everyone on this page of the muster roll has a medical rating and was transferred to the USS LST-380 on April 14, 1944. I think it's safe to say that Fritz was involved with the aid station aboard the LST for the emergency treatment of Normandy casualties.

Fritz advanced in rating to HA1c on May 16, 1944.

post-112103-0-64075200-1471456644_thumb.png

Pretty awesome congrats on the D-Day lid. It was a one looker for me from the start and its just great to have all the info to go along with it.